Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary [Plain] Hardcover – Feb 14 1997
There is a newer edition of this item:
Back to University 2016
Save on College Prep Essentials on Amazon.ca. Shop now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
The features you like best about Taber's--the most terms, its portability, and the comprehensive appendices--are now all available in an interactive Cd-ROM package. Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary CD-ROM Multimedia gives you the excellence you have come to expect from Taber's.
Minimum system requirements for WIN: 386/33 or better; Windows 3.1 or later; 3 MB hard disk space; 8 MB of RAM; SVGA 256 color monitor; 2X CD- ROM; 8-bit audio (sound card required)
Minimum system requirements for MAC: 68030 processor (Power PC recommended); Mac OS 7.0 or later; 3 MB hard disk space; 8 MB of RAM; SVGA 256 color monitor; 2X CD-ROM; 8-bit audio (sound card required); QuickTime required for video playback
features available in the CD- ROM:
*Powerful search engine helps users find definitions of medical words and phrases or locate specific information within an entry quickly and easily
*Useful hypertext links within entries allow users to access other relevant entries and illustrations, vidoes, tables, or appendices with just a click of the mouse
*Bookmark feature allows users to customize the program by "marking" entries and appendices that they refer to frequently, making Taber's a personalized reference tool
*Copy-and paste function allows users to move information into other documents
*Zoom-and-pan viewing allows close-up inspection of all the high-quality images; also table headers can be locked to make scrolling through and searching in tables easier
*Audio pronunciations are given for many words and word elements
*Videos show clinically important procedures, concepts, and anatomical explorations --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I've just recommended it to my brother who is begining his EMT training.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Dictionaries & Terminology
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > LPN & LVN
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > LPN & LVN
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference > Dictionaries & Terminology
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical > Dictionaries & Terminology
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical > Nursing
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > LPN & LVN
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Reference > Dictionaries & Terminology