- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Talking with Computers: Explorations in the Science and Technology of Computing Paperback – May 29 2015
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...an excellent balance of breadth and depth that provides insight for general audiences without boring the specialist...extraordinary...Essential."
J. Beidler, University of Scranton, Choice
"... a lively introduction to many topics in computer science."
Mario Peruggia, The Ohio State University for The Journal of the American Statistician
"...a lovely introduction..." - Mario Peruggia, Journal of the American Statistical Association
In this lively series of essays for students and general readers, Tom Dean explores interesting fundamental topics in computer science with the aim of showing how computers and computer programs work and how the various subfields of computer science are connected. Along the way, he conveys his fascination with computers and enthusiasm for working in a field that has changed almost every aspect of our daily lives. The accompanying website helps make the underlying computational ideas more concrete. There readers are invited to experiment with short programs written in several languages and to follow links to other online resources.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > History
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > History > Historical Study > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History