Teaching Improv in Your Jazz Ensemble: A Complete Guide for Music Educators Paperback – Jun 1 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book focuses its attention on an area of consistent concern for Jazz Ensemble directors; its intriguing premise, pedagogical approach, and compilation of resource materials are sure to be of considerable value to a wide swath of music educators. (Chuck Owen, president of IAJE, professor of Jazz Studies and director of the University of South Florida's new Center for Jazz Composition,)
A fabulous resource for all jazz educators! This text superbly articulates the history of jazz education and aural skills research. Plus, it beautifully coalesces this vital research to point out needed changes in music education and teacher training. Full of valuable resources for jazz educators, it gives them professional insight for selecting great music for their ensembles. I feel well informed having this book in my collection! (Scott Wilson, president-elect, IAJE Utah Unit, Director of Jazz Studies, Snow College)
About the Author
Zachary B. Poulter is director of Bands at Syracuse Junior High School in Syracuse, Utah.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > Improvisation
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Jazz
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Techniques
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > Improvisation
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music