- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Technology and the Future Paperback – Jan 13 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
" I like the organization of the table of contents by topics. It made it extremely easy for me to scan the titles to see which would fulfill course objectives."
."..In analyzing the essays in the Teich text, my students develop the skill of argument analysis."
..".In analyzing the essays in the Teich text, my students develop the skill of argument analysis."
About the Author
Albert H. Teich has been Director of Science and Policy Programs at the venerable American Association for the Advancement of Science since 1990 and has held positions at George Washington University, the State University of New York, and Syracuse University. He currently chairs the Advisory Board of the School of Public Policy at Georgia Tech, serves on advisory boards at Columbia University and the Loka Institute, and is Codirector of the new Center for Innovation Policy Research and Education in Budapest. A widely quoted, well-known author and speaker on science and technology policy, Dr. Teich is an advisory board member for several scientific journals and a consultant to various companies and organizations. Dr. Teich holds a BS in physics and a PhD in political science, both from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I gave it 2 stars because it didn't make me want to quit school altogether...
The essays go back and forth how society and technology affect each other. Essays cover almost everything from philosophy, to technology, to politics written by both critics and enthusiasts that really try to write for students, and they do so well.
I gave it a three because at many times it can be quite interesting, many essays are extremely boring and make you want to just put it down.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Social Aspects
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Technology & Society
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science