Teeter EP-560 Ltd Inversion Table with Back Pain Relief Kit, Blue
|Price:||CDN$ 449.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Exceptional value with bonus Acupressure Nodes and Lumbar Bridge accessories, plus a back pain relief stretch and exercise DVD
- Quality tested to UL safety standards positions Teeter among the best selling inversion products; full 5-year warranty; easy assembly
- Enhanced decompression with Lumbar Bridge and ComforTrak Bed which flexes with user; Stretch & Grip Handles
- Patented pressure-reducing ankle system for superior comfort while inverting
- Engineered precision balancing for controlled rotation and secure lock-out in full inversion; pre-set rotation angles
This item ships separately and in the original manufacturer's packaging. There will be shipping labels attached to the outside of the package. You may mark this item as a gift if you do not wish to reveal the contents.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Amazon.ca Product Description
The EP-560 Ltd. Inversion Table, featured on TV, is the most popular model from the Teeter Hang Ups ComforTrak Series and includes optional accessories to modify your inversion experience for whatever stretch your body is craving. Whether you’re in the mood for a relaxing shiatsu-style massage, or needing to focus traction on your lower back, the EP-560 Ltd. has all the right accessories to provide stress relief for your target areas. Imagine being able to use a back stretcher for just minutes a day, in your own home, for natural pain relief, helping to temporarily relieve back pain by stretching and relaxing muscles, decompressing the spine, and even building core strength through inverted exercise. The EP-560 Ltd. offers temporary back pain relief by using gravity in your favor. While inverted upside down, your own body weight creates a natural form of traction that relaxes tense muscles while decompressing your spine, reducing pressure on the discs that are vital to keeping painful pressure off the nerves and maintaining flexibility. Teeter Inversion Tables meet UL’s tough consumer safety testing standards and consistently outperform the competition in comparison testing for endurance, rotation control, and ease of assembly.
From the Manufacturer
The ep-560 ltd. Inversion table, featured on TV, is the most popular model from the teeter hang ups ComforTrak series and includes optional accessories to modify your inversion experience for whatever stretch your body is craving. Whether you’re in the mood for a relaxing shiatsu-style massage, or needing to focus traction on your lower back, the ep-560 ltd. Has all the right accessories to provide stress relief for your target areas. Imagine being able to use a back stretcher for just minutes a day, in your own home, for natural pain relief, helping to temporarily relieve back pain by stretching and relaxing muscles, decompressing the spine, and even building core strength through inverted exercise. The ep-560 ltd. Offers temporary back pain relief by using gravity in your favor. While inverted upside down, your own body weight creates a natural form of traction that relaxes tense muscles while decompressing your spine, reducing pressure on the discs that are vital to keeping painful pressure off the nerves and maintaining flexibility. Teeter inversion tables meet UL’s tough consumer safety testing standards and consistently outperform the competition in comparison testing for endurance, rotation control, and ease of assembly.
From the manufacturer
The Teeter Difference
Teeter Inversion Tables are the ONLY inversion table cleared by the FDA to treat: Back Pain, Sciatica, Muscle Tension, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated Discs, Spinal Stenosis, Spinal Curvature due to Tight Muscles, Muscle Spasm & Facet Syndrome*.
UL (Underwriter Laboratories) Certification
Teeter Inversion Tables are UL safety certified and outperform the competition in comparison testing for endurance, rotation control and ease of assembly.
High-Grade Materials Ensure Durability
Patented security features like auto-locking hinges, cam locks, specialized pivot bearings and heat-treated steel parts ensure reliability and backed by 5-year full warranty*.
*For more information you can contact the official customer service or visit the official website.
EP-560 Ltd. at a Glance:
- Patented wrap-around Ankle Cups
- Comfortrak Bed with Hand Grips
- Acupressure Nodes & Lumbar Bridge
- Stretch Assist Handles
- Precision Balanced
- Pre-set Rotation
- Secure Lock-out in Full Inversion
- Easy 5-Step Assembly
- Folds for Storage
- FDA Cleared
- Third Party Certified
- 5-year Full Warranty
- User Guide & DVD
Built for the Benefits
Ergo-Embrace Supports: Surround the ankles to distribute weight comfortably and evenly around the feet and heels.
Ankle Comfort Dial: Offers an adjustable foot platform height for smaller or larger feet to ensure a comfortable fit.
Grip-and-Stretch Handholds: Built into the ComforTrak Bed and Frame for added stretching and decompression options.
Stretch Assist Handles: Provide assistance and stretching with embossed inversion angle guide.
Comfortrak Bed: Contoured bed flexes for comfort, while smooth surface promotes body slide to optimize stretch and back pain relief.
Acupressure Nodes: Four (4) height options provide variable intensity pressure-point relief for muscles.
Lumbar Bridge and Neck Arch: Provides support for the lower back neck and deeper decompression benefits.
Easy to Use
- Inverting with a Teeter is easy! Simply set it for your height, lock in your ankles, recline and relax.
- Arm movements shift your body weight for total control over your rotation with minimal effort.
Pre-Set Rotation Options
- Adjustable safety tether allows for easy adjustability and rotational control.
- Secure lockout in full inversion for advanced exercises and stretching.
Space-Saving Storage Feature
- The Teeter folds for storage in seconds to conserve space while not in use - no disassembly required!
- Storage dimensions: 20 inch x 28.8 inch x 66 inch (50.8 x 73 x 167.6 cm).
Simplest Assembly Yet
- Just 5 steps and 13 minutes to get on your way to experiencing the benefits of inversion! Arrives mostly preassembled - just click together the main components, add handles, and you're set.
- Interactive 3-D Instructions: Download the free BILT assembly app to help make assembly even easier!
- User Guides: Full-color Owner's Manual and Getting Started DVD to guide you through assembly and use. 5 Bonus Healthy Back Routines included.
|Contour L5||EP-560 Ltd||EP-560 Sport||EP-960 Ltd||EP-970 Ltd|
|FDA Cleared & UL Certified||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Extended Handle Ankle Lock System||Deluxe||No||No||Yes||Deluxe|
|Stretch Tools to Improve Decompression||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Precision Rotation With Full Inversion Option||Yes, Plus 1-Touch Rotation Adjustment||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Preset Rotation Control||Deluxe||Yes||Yes||Deluxe||Deluxe|
|Ability To Customize||Compatible, Sold Separately||Included With LTD Version Only||Included With LTD Version Only||Included With LTD Version Only||Included With LTD Version Only|
|Folds For Storage||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|User Settings||4'8" - 6'6", 300 Lbs.||4'8" - 6'6", 300 Lbs.||4'8" - 6'6", 300 Lbs.||4'8" - 6'6", 300 Lbs.||4'8" - 6'6", 300 Lbs.|
Top Customer Reviews
This is not a whimsical review. I conducted a lot of research and used the equipment extensively before writing this review so I hope it might help you in some way, shape, or form. After years of testimonials, watching infomercials, claims of health benefits, desire to improve posture, speaking to chiropractors & doctors, watching vampires hang upside down in movies, etc, etc, etc, I for many years considered getting a Teeter inversion table. I put an enormous amount of trust into everything Teeter claimed over many years, bit the bullet, recently finally took the plunge, and ordered the EP-560 from Amazon. Here are SOME benefits:
1) Consider the inversion table an exercise machine that rejuvenates you & your well being, re-energizes you, provides a workout for your back, and in the fully inverted position sit-ups are extremely effective.
2) Using it only a few minutes a day will improve your posture within weeks if not days, as well as your back, and flatten your stomach.
3) It elongates your life, improves your lungs & breathing, and your abdomen also gets a workout.
4) I consulted with some chiropractors and doctors who highly recommend it.
5) Using it regularly just makes you feel better all around and improves your physique.
6) My favorite method of use is to invert around 70 degrees for a few minutes, relax and get a good stretch, etc, then 90 degrees for a few minutes, and then fully invert for around 5 minutes, while doing some twists, sit-ups, and other exercises, in the fully inverted position.
7) My apartment is around ~1000 square feet so before ordering I was concerned about how much space it might take up. I keep the fully assembled inversion table up in my small guest bedroom which btw has in it quite a bit of other furniture (sofa, desk, chest of drawers, night table), and surprisingly the space it takes up is fine. If you want to store it, just plop off the bed, fold up the stand, and stick both in a closet, under a bed, or lean them against a wall. IMO it's a bit too "industrial looking" for a living room but it'd be pretty cool if Teeter developed a model that meshed with living room decor.
I really wanted to give the EP-560 a 5-star rating which for me implies "close to perfection", or at minimum 4 stars, but unfortunately I feel compelled to give it only 3.5 stars. This review is based on a combination of the EP-560 itself, as well as the Teeter company.
Amazon absolutely deserves 5 stars for its customer service and handling of this product, however with respect to the EP-560 itself and the Teeter brand wrt to its products in general, they are definitely the best inversion tables and highest rated in the market, but having been in business for around 30 years, I feel that Teeter could do a better job in getting its act together a bit better.
1) First off it is clear from the title and description that this EP-560 is advertised with bonus Acupressure Nodes & Lumbar Bridge. The item did not ship with these accessories which a few other reviews also state, Teeter promised to send them, and 2 weeks later they are still yet to be received.
2) Assembly definitely does not take only 20 minutes as claimed and stated in instructions, especially if you've never assembled one before. Also, with the prospect of hanging upside down should one really rush to get everything fully assembled in 20 mins??? Not that anyone that is new could do it in that time anyway. It seems irresponsible for Teeter to make this claim. Many other Amazon reviews also state it takes much longer. Folks - TAKE YOUR TIME assembling the table -- READ the instructions, WATCH the video, learn how all the parts work & fit together, make sure everything is correctly positioned, tightened appropriately, etc.
3) Teeter advertises and strongly emphasizes the durability, quality, and strength, of its components. There are some components, parts, bolts, screws, that are not as strong & durable as claimed. In fact, parts of the steel//table started to compress when tightening the bolts, and some other nuts & bolts almost got stripped. Also one screw, albeit not a critical one nor one that is important, has never been installed.
4) A very common complaint of many folks is that they feel some discomfort & pain in their Ankles & Feet while inverted. After around 30 years in business could Teeter not develop a better system to address this as a STANDARD component that ships with the product? I find it MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE to wear socks which is much less painful than wearing sneakers as suggested by Teeter in all its instructions which emphasizes wearing running shoes or tennis shoes. Also, I don't like snapping the assembly tightly around my ankles - in fact it's much nicer pretty LOOSE - don't worry you'll still remain secure. I found an article on the web pasted here:
"Tip #1 - Wear Socks While Inverting - While most people will recommend wearing shoes, one of the most comfortable ways of inverting is actually to wear only regular length socks on your feet. This will give you some cushioning between your feet/ankles and the ankle padding, making inversion much more comfortable.
Wearing shoes, on the other hand, has one downfall - it can end up putting more stress on your ankles and make it more uncomfortable. While this is not true with everyone, many people have found that they are even less comfortable wearing shoes than simply inverting with bare feet".
5) Now for the Tether Strap - why does it allow for ONLY 60 degrees of inversion? As you become more and more accustomed to inversion, but still not full inversion, and you feel more comfortable using the tether strap, you'd like to invert greater than just 60 degrees. The tether strap could EASILY offer more than just 60 degrees inversion and this would be such an EASY FIX for Teeter -- just make them longer!!!
6) Next, I was expecting much better knowledge from Teeter's Customer Service. I asked them very simple questions which after around 30 years they should be able to address right off the top of their heads. For example, I asked what Teeter's comments are about "blood going to your head"? All they could speak about was the table itself and its use which did not address my question. After around 30 years in the business of inversion, Teeter cannot train it's folks to comment on blood pressure??? Here's a snippet of an article I found written by Dr. Bryant:
"Bryant: "These have been marketed to people with back problems and for exercise. When the body is inverted, or turned over, the spine supposedly gets some relief from stress of gravity. People perform abdominal exercises and others from the inverted position". "The blood pressure in your eyes and blood vessels in the head and neck area are increased, which could be dangerous for individuals with heart disease, stroke, or glaucoma risk factors."
7) Another question I had for Teeter's customer service was: "Are you aware of any circumstances when folks have not used the table correctly or things that led to other issues"? Again Teeter's customer service just commented on the product and how to use it. I was astonished that after around 30 years in business Teeter could not comment on JUST ONE ISSUE a person might have had. Here's a snippet of an article I found written by Dr. Fichera:
"Fichera: "I was advised never to exercise in the inverted position. Inversion puts a lot of pressure on the lower back. Men especially have this problem because they hold a huge portion of their weight in the upper body region. When they are inverted, the pressure shifts to the lower body, which can put pressure on the spine. For a certain percentage of the population, this could be very hazardous. There are other ways to strengthen the spinal muscles."
After 30+ years customer service reps at Teeter are not able to address ONLY ONE issue that customers might have had??? What about discomfort in the ankles & feet?
8) Finally, please don't take this review the wrong way - I'm NOT dissing the table per se - but there are some processes or things that could be improved after around 30 years in business. There are numerous pros - health benefits, best rated, glowing reviews, highly recommended, and the machine is sturdy & aesthetically pleasing versus other brands. I enjoy the table and will keep it but do have a tiny bit of remorse on not buying one that would suffice while saving a couple $100 bucks.
Many of you might consider the shortcomings I stated rather trivial, and you are correct that the benefits far outweigh the issues mentioned, but in my opinion it's perplexing that after around thirty years in business, shortcomings that MUST be known and could easily be addressed are not, hence the 3.5 star rating.
I Had to mention because I seen a lot of reviews that said the assembly took longer than the 15-20 minutes they suggest. Because of that kept track of my time. Here was my experience.
Step 1. Opened the box unpacked all the materials and removed all packaging. (about 5 Minutes)
Step 2. Took some time and removed all the packaging and had a clean work area, (about 5 Minutes)
Step 3. Scanned through the DVD. I literally fast forwarded through most of the DVD hitting play occasionally at what seemed essential parts (about 5 minutes. if you watched the whole thing it would probably take about 15 minutes.)
Step 4. Assembled the table. (about 5 Minutes) Really, the actual assembly took about 5 minutes.
a) There are 6 screws 3 for each stretch bar and 2 more already threaded you have to tighten.
b) You attach the two adjustable "pivot arms" I will call them which is just a clamp you flip to one side.
c) You place the table on to the frame. It just slides in to two slots and locks in automatically.
d) Then you attach the "foot bar" I will call it. Which just slides up a tube on the table and locks by a pin.
e) Velcro the head rest on the table and your DONE.
It was that easy, I have no idea what those other people were talking about when they say that it could not be put together in 15-20 minutes. Well they were right in a way.... it only took 5.
I took another 5 minutes to adjust and balance it properly for my height and weight. Easy to adjust and covered in the DVD.
This unit is very well built and materials are of excellent quality. I strongly recommend buying the original Teeter, stay away from the knock offs.