- Pre-order "Game of Thrones: Season 6" and get 15% off select HBO Movies and TV Shows. Here's how (restrictions apply)
|List Price:||CDN$ 14.98|
|Price:||CDN$ 9.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 5.01 (33%)|
Pre-order "Game of Thrones: Season 6" and Get 15% Off Select HBO Movies and TV Shows
Limited Time Only: Pre-order "Game of Thrones: Season 6" and Get 15% Off Select HBO Movies and TV Shows. Discount applied in cart; only applies to products shipped from and sold by Amazon.ca. Offer valid through August 15, 2016, while supplies last. Learn more.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Temple Grandin (DVD)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As opposed to many others movies and reports on autism, this one is not shy to show the discomfort that people around them are feeling for this kind of disability. For those who are not involved with a autism person you will find that even for a highly functioning person like Ms. Grandin living a normal life (as per our standards) is almost impossible.
Congratulations to Mrs Claire Danes for having played so truthfully
1) it portrays the sensory overload that can come with some forms of autism. Like in the cafeteria, where the sounds of the knife chopping and the people talking and other cafeteria sounds become overwhelming. But it shows sensory sensitivity in the smaller aspects of day to day life, like squeaky markers.
2) the actress portraying Temple's mother, Julia Ormond, has a scene in which she meets with the doctor who diagnoses Temple, in which she acts with sincerity and strength. It looked genuine.
3) we get to appreciate the brilliance and the difficulties faced by people on the spectrum.
4) The commentary by Temple Grandin lets us know how 'true to life' many of the film's moments were.
Any one involved with animal behavior should see this movie.
I was lucky to meet her at a pet dog trainers conference. An amazing woman.
Most recent customer reviews
Best movie! I leant my copy to a friend I think I'm going to have to buy it again. I think everyone should watch this movie. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a real gem for parents and educators alike. Very moving, informative and inspiring.Published 5 months ago by fiona
Inciteful, humorous and based on the woman herself. We enjoyed it immensely and had to buy it for future viewing.Published 5 months ago by Anne Marsh
This was a great movie with rich visual representation of Temple's life as she lives wth autism. I highly recommend this to anyone who knows, cares for, or works with people with... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
We had seen this movie on TV but liked it so much we ordered it. Almost missed it in the box though........ Read morePublished 6 months ago by Robert Farmer
Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Great acting and insights into the giftedness of autism.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer