- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Ten Little Rabbits Paperback – Feb 1 1995
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This winner of the Parents Magazine "Best Book of the Year" award is a simple counting book that celebrates Native American culture--and rabbits, of course. Each of Sylvia Long's detailed, painterly double-page illustrations has an old-fashioned quality that gives the book the feel of classic children's literature from the turn of the century. The accompanying text is a simple, rhythmic series of rhyming couplets. "Three busy messengers sending out the news" has three rabbits using one of their blankets to send smoke signals across a grassy river valley; "Four clever trackers looking for some clues" shows intrepid little hunters with bows and arrows examining the enormous paw-print of a bear. After "Ten sleepy weavers knowing day is done," an extra panel shows one rabbit hunched over a campfire while the other nine sleep soundly. A cut above the mass of counting books. (Baby to age 4) --Richard Farr --This text refers to the Board book edition.
From Publishers Weekly
"There is a great deal of information and entertainment packed into this unusual counting book," said PW about this clever introduction to Native American culture. Ages 4-8.
Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
Ten Little Rabbits is an extraordinary book of Native Art and Culture. My Grand daughter is part KWAKIUTL and it is a thrill to find such a beautifully illustrated edition that... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
This was OUR bedtime book for both of my boys when they were very little. We knew it by heart and could chant the text at times of stress to calm them down. WE/I love this book. Read morePublished on Oct. 3 2003 by C. Hibbard
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Rabbits
- Books > Children's Books > Early Learning > Basic Concepts > Counting
- Books > Children's Books > Education & Reference > Math
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Multicultural Stories > Native North & South Americans
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Baby-3
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction