Testing People at Work: Competencies in Psychometric Testing Paperback – Illustrated, Feb 11 2005
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Comprehensive, authoritative, and readable, a combination that is almost impossible to achieve in an introductory upwards text to a scientific and practical discipline such as employee selection. This text retains its independence throughout from any single test publisher, yet covers all the competency areas laid down in the BPS framework, and is an absolute goldmine of information on testing and selection procedures more generally. Anyone even thinking of booking onto Level A or Level B test training courses should buy this book first." Neil Anderson, PhD, Professor of Organizational Psychology, University of Amsterdam <!--end-->
"At last! A superbly practical book which takes you through the stages of psychometric testing sequentially, but also integrates theory and statistics into the story. The Smiths have provided all would-be practitioners with an indispensable tool for their learning, development, and reference." Peter Heriot, Visiting Professor, University of Surrey and Open University Business School
"This is a much needed text that provides an excellent grounding for anyone aiming to achieve any of the BPS Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing. It also represents the ideal source of reference for those using tests in the workplace. Each chapter is written in a clear, non-threatening style that takes the pain out of understanding the use of occupational tests." Dr Caroline Limbert, University of Oxford, BPS verified assessor for Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing
This authoritative, practical text on selection and assessment explains psychometric testing in occupational settings and also covers other methods of selection such as assessment centres and e-selection. Supplementary online material is available at.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Labour Policy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Occupational & Organizational
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Social Psychology & Interactions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Testing & Measurement
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Human Resources
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology