Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Textual Encounters: 2 Kindle Edition
50 Kindle Books for $2 Each
Treat yourself to a new book. These 50 Kindle titles are just $2 each through the end of the month. Learn more
Top Customer Reviews
When does the next come out Morgan???
I do hope you have more to come!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
What I love about this book:
- Now Jake's texts are marked when they're from him. It makes it SO SO SO much easier to read. Flows beautifully. That was a great improvement.
- I can't get enough of the texting back and forth. This is a great format for a book. Usually my favorite part of a book is all the dialogue. So of course I love this. Plus it makes it so that the books *show* you what's happening instead of just telling you.
- This book is from Rachel's perspective. I liked hers way more than Katie's in the 1st book. I felt the writing improved.
- This story is smart. Really smart. The author has a lot of great stuff inside these books that made my jaw drop. Just when you feel like you know what's happening... you don't. And I feel like every detail is accounted for and means something. Meaning... as I read I'm paying to attention to every detail about that text. The time. The date. The clues given within them. I feel like The 3rd book will blow us away, and I want to be ready for it. ;)
What I didn't love about this book:
- What we've learned about the characters. I don't like any of them. At all. Not even a little bit. IMO, NONE of them have any redeeming qualities. Katie almost had me there at the end, but she was such a biddy to Jake the whole time... I just couldn't like her. But most of all I hate Jake. He's so cheesy. And creepy. And an conniving A-hole. I have no idea what any of these women see in him. Besides his apparent mad skillz in bed. So unless Jake falls off the earth in the 3rd book, I'm not sure I'll like it?? In fact, I'm not sure I want to read it.
After reading the peek into book 3 I'm completely turned off. I just don't care about any of them and don't care how it turns out. But I think I am most definitely in the minority there! I'm guessing most people would read it and be DYING to get their hands on the 3rd book. So don't let me turn you off from it!
As in book one, this second installment involving Jake and Katie, holds on tightly, is deliciously fun and seriously jerks the reader's emotions straight to the surface for yet another fast, wildly entertaining read. Just when you think you "get" what's going on, Parker tosses in a twist and even a turn, (hello Alfred Hitchcock), leaving the reader scratching their head, hoping to find the answers within the next turn of the page. Oh, you get answers...but they're not always what you think or even want to hear. And that's what makes this little novella delightfully scrumptious.
The good news is: this isn't the end, folks!! "Jake's Wedding" will be the third and final story in this brain-torment trio and I for one cannot wait to see what Parker has up his mind-manipulating sleeves. If I could stop this little merry-go-round of angst, I would...wait a minute...no I wouldn't -I'd rather keep it turning circles in my head.
"Tasting you. Every inch. And from there, I'd move my way up the outside of your body. Kiss my way along your thighs, then your hips, ribs and up your arms all the way to your fingertips. Except I wouldn't have kissed your fingertips, I would have sucked them gently. Each one of them."