The Sims Superstar Expansion Pack
- Develop the required skills for all-new entertainment career tracks - try your luck in the worlds of film, music, and fashion
- Meet all the somebodies and nobodies and network with the right people, to be seen and get ahead
- Build up your fame rating -- get in the public eye and stay there, or else your star will wane
- Jump on stage and sing karaoke to start building your local fame
- Platform: Windows 2000 / XP / 95 / 98 / NT
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: PC
Amazon.ca Product Description
In The Sims: Superstar expansion pack for The Sims, players can realize their fantasies of fame and fortune as they pursue the dream of being a rock star, a movie star, or a supermodel and live the lifestyle of a celebrity. All new gameplay, new social interactions, and a whole new in-game destination offer players an all-access pass to the world of superstardom.
For the first time ever, players can follow their Sims to work and witness their pursuit of fame and fortune firsthand. Fledgling Sims start by signing with an agent and shuttling to Studio Town, a new and fully customizable destination that offers television and movie lots, spa locations, recording studios, and fabulous fashion facilities. Once there, Sims can schmooze, network, and name-drop their way to stardom in the movies, music, or fashion. Will your Sim be a flash in the pan or a living legend? Players can now track the sizzle of their Sims with an all-new fame score.
A new cast of comical characters are available to assist the Sims in their quest for celebrity. A fabulous fashion designer, a mega-hit record producer, and a maniacal movie director are available for career critiques. A capable butler, a savvy sushi chef, and a soothing masseuse will be on call to administer to the every whim of your celebrity Sim. Life in the spotlight would not be complete without the glare of the paparazzi, the adoration of groupies, and the annoyance of an obsessed fan or two. This is all part of life in the spotlight in The Sims: Superstar.
Sims can become a celeb or just live like one. Fabulous new objects like a skydiving simulator, a satellite dish, and a new art and furniture collection can turn an ordinary Sim's abode into a magnificent and decadent manse. Sims in need of a day of indulgence and pampering can also enjoy the new day spa, complete with mud treatments, steam baths, Sim massages, and an oxygen bar. Domestic staff is also available for hire so manicured Sims won't chap their hands with the drudgery of household maintenance.
Will your Sim become an icon or fade into the obscurity of bad dinner theater? Will they win a coveted Simmy award or be regulated to personal hygiene commercials? In The Sims: Superstar, you are the idol maker.
Note: This is an expansion pack for The Sims and requires the full version of The Sims to play.
On ne change pas une formule qui gagne, et ce nouvel add-on, pour le jeu devenu culte Les Sims, constitue sa septième extension, rien que ça ! Dans Les Sims : Superstar, vous allez avoir loccasion de transformer vos personnages en vedettes ! Cinéma, mode ou chanson, les nouvelles carrières qui vous sont proposées sont pour le moins dorées et les objets dameublement et de décoration qui vont avec le sont tout autant. Du simulateur de chute libre à la limousine interminable en passant par les centaines de chaînes câblées dans lesquelles vous pourrez suivre, entre autres, lévolution de votre notoriété, vos avatars risquent rapidement de prendre la grosse tête. Lhumour qui caractérise la série est toujours omniprésent avec, par exemple, des personnages très marqués tels quun producteur de disque déjanté ou bien un créateur de mode très spécial Fait remarquable, vous pourrez suivre, pour la première fois dans la saga, les Sims sur leur lieu de "travail" --Arnold VincentSee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
1. Overall I would say this expansion involves more work than the others. Becoming famous is an all consuming occupation leaving your Sims little time for anything else. Sims must spend countless hours in Studiotown.
2. The game cannot be saved while a Sim is in Studiotown (much like the downtown area of Hot Date). This is a problem if you experience frequent crashes with your game. I find I need to take my Sim home where I can save the game every time he/she has raised their fame score, so that I don't lose it because of a crash. This is time consuming.
3. Sims run out of energy very quickly in Studiotown so not much can be accomplished in each visit. (only one visit is allowed per day)
4. Sims need famous friends in order to become famous. I find it very difficult to make friends with these famous Sims, the friendship scores don't seem to increase as quickly as with regular Sims.
5. This one only applies if you have downloaded objects from online Sims sites: I have a user-created teleporter in my game, and it no longer works. The game crashes whenever I try to use it. This forces me to use the phone to invite other Sims over, leaving it up to chance rather than being able to import them at will. (Much harder to increase the friendship score this way). Teleporters worked with every other expansion pack, but not Superstar as of yet (hopefully someone will fix this).
I don't mean to point out only the negative aspects of the game, I do enjoy this game but am a little disappointed that it takes so much more work than I had expected.Read more ›
The ability to control the career of your Sim is absolutely fabulous. I loved being able to decide whether my Sims should begin a career as a singer, actor or model. Studio Town has enough new features to keep you interested for a long time. Some of the new items include spa items like the mud bath and oxygen bar, new career items like the kareoke stage, model runway, and some things that are just plain fun like the underwater tank and the sky diving simulator. In addition a whole ton of new floors, walls, roofs, rugs, furniture and gadgets have been added for you to add to your house. It is also very cool that when in "Studio Town" you have to keep your eyes open for famous sims (Marilyn Monroe, Avril Levigne, Christina Aguilera).
The Sims Superstar expanision can really slow down your computer. I don't have a ton of money for a really fast processor so the addition of this expanison has slowed down my game play and how fast the computer responds. Just something to keep in mind if you have an older or slower computer. Additionally, while the "Fame" career track is awesome it does require a lot of work - this is not a career you take a laid back approach to. Your sim has to be working toward getting famous all the time. There is no rest.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
okay, so today i got "the sims superstar in the mail" i was so excited untill i opened it and got the wrong one, so instead of me getting the order i wanted i ended up getting sims... Read morePublished on April 14 2011 by corutney
Yes I know The Sims Superstar is sorta old ,but I still LOOOOOVE it. Even though I have all the Expansion (yes even Makin Magic)this one is the best, so if your looking to buy your... Read morePublished on July 8 2004
Another great sims expansion pack.
There are new objects and people. Go to Studio Town to earn your fame and a spot in the top. Read more
I have been a Sims fan ever since I learned how to master it from my father and thanks to him I have known how to create my own families as easy as 123. Read morePublished on June 5 2004
This expansion pack is great. You get to live "The High Life". With spa treatment and sushi. If that's not enough you can chill will stars like Christina and Avril. Read morePublished on June 1 2004 by R. Fortelka
This game had great things about it. It had the wonderful studio town in which you get to meet celebrities (such as Avril and Marilyn) but I found it to be to difficult to really... Read morePublished on May 24 2004 by Risa Reif
Yes! This is a way better expansion pack than Sims Vaca. It has new clothes (awesome), new faces, new things to do. I love the Sims and always will. Read morePublished on May 17 2004
it is the best game i ever played, me and my friend are like obbessed with the game we play it like everyday.we have lots of fun playing it too. Read morePublished on May 17 2004 by Sara Shelton