The Therapy of Education: Philosophy, Happiness and Personal Growth Hardcover – Dec 26 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'At a time when it seems that everyone, at whatever level of society, has fallen behind the banner of Business, blindly caught up in its ruthless and deadening rationality, it is such a relief to find writers so able to resist the trend. They remind us of a humane culture we seem to have forgotten, and their intelligent and illuminating understanding of the relations between education and 'therapy' sweeps away many of the absurdities that have over the past two or three decades invaded both.' David Smail former Special Professor in Clinical Psychology at the University of Nottingham, and author of Illusion and Reality: the Meaning of Anxiety and Taking Care: an Alternative to Therapy.
About the Author
Paul Smeyers is Research Professor for Philosophy of Education at Ghent University and Extraordinary Professor at KU Leuven, both in Belgium, and Honorary Extraordinary Professor at Stellenbosch University, South Africa. He teaches philosophy of education and methodology of qualitative/interpretative research methods. He is President of the International Network of Philosophers of Education and link-convenor for Network 13, Philosophy of Education of the European Educational Research Association. Since January 2014 he has been the editor of Ethics and Education.
PAUL STANDISH is Lecturer in Education at the University of Dundee, Scotland.
Richard Smith has written extensively on morality and education.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Educational Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Consciousness & Thought
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Educational Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy