- Actors: Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, Chris O'Donnell, Rebecca DeMornay, Oliver Platt
- Directors: Stephen Herek, Micky Moore
- Producers: Joe Roth, Neil Aspinall, Roger Birnbaum, Chips Chipperfield
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, DVD-Video, Letterboxed, NTSC, Widescreen
- Language: English, French
- Subtitles: English
- Dubbed: French
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
- Release Date: Aug. 17 1999
- Run Time: 105 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 99 customer reviews
- ASIN: 6305428077
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,363 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
The Three Musketeers
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Nab the star-studded comedy-adventure that dazzled moviegoers everywhere! It's the action-packed tale of three loyal swordsmen (Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt) who are joined by an eager recruit (Chris O'Donnell) to protect the King of France. Together, the foursome battle enormous odds in their attempt to defeat an evil royal advisor (Tim Curry) and a seductive envoy (Rebecca De Mornay) plotting to overthrow France's crown -- fighting against both time and scores of enemies! You'll cheer out loud when these exciting muskeeteers face danger, fun, and adventure at every turn -- proving they are the greatest swashbucklers who ever lived!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 99 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tim Curry is marvelous as Cardinal Richelieu. He is so borderline outrageously lecherous you think he is going to burst out laughing like a madman or go into song from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". He never plays the piety like Charlton Heston did in the 1973 version. He goes more for the deviousness of an outright power mad religious leader.
The entire cast is great. With Charlie Sheen, Chris O'Donnell, Oliver Platt, and Rebecca DeMornay how could it be anything but well acted. I would bet the entire cast had a great time filming this version. The dramatic parts with DeMornay as Lady DeWinter are quite touching and the comedic parts with Porthos the Pirate, played by Platt, are quite funny. I was impressed with Stephen Herek's direction.
Disney did a great job of transferring this movie to DVD. The DVD picture and sound quality is first class. The DVD includes a featurette, theatrical trailers, and Bios. Well worth adding to your collection of movies like "The Princess Bride", "Ever After", and "Robin Hood".
My only complaint with the DVD is it's lacking in the special features. There's nor delete scenes nor trailer, and the only two extras are the music video for the theme "All For Love" and a featurette. I can excuse the lack of deleted scenes because the movie came out in 1993, and studios seldom keep the scenes for that long. I do with is had a trailer though.
Want to see more reviews on this item?