“If you’ve ever dreamed about building with timbers, this book will convince you that this method is not only beautiful and practical, but often less expensive than “stick building.” Includes dozens of illustrations and photos.” – Countryside & Small Stock Journal
If you have only dreamed about the beauty of building with timbers, this book will open your eyes. It will convince you that this method is not only practical today for homes and other buildings, but often is less expensive than "stick building."
Timber frame builder Jack Sobon and writer Roger Schroeder offer a book for builders as well as those wishing to have the work done for them. Here is practical how-to for both beginners and experienced carpenters who want to try this method. It offers:
- The basics of timber framing.
- How to design for strength and beauty.
- How to combine modern tools and time-tested methods.
- A starter project: How to build a 12 x 16 garden toolshed.
- Dozens of illustrations and photos that make it all easy to understand.