- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Time Off From Work: Using Sabbaticals To Enhance Your Life While Keeping Your Career On Track Paperback – Dec 3 1994
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
A practical guide to planning and implementing your sabbaticals using concrete suggestions based on instructive and often inspiring experiences. Discusses every step in the sabbatical process--ways of negotiating for time off, planning ahead financially and psychologically, managing family and social life, what to expect during the actual sabbatical, returning to the workforce or deciding not to return at all. Features the experiences of 50 people who have taken sabbaticals.
From the Back Cover
A sabbatical may be just the change you need. More and more men and women are successfully taking an extended break from their jobsa sabbatical. Once the exclusive preserve of academics, sabbaticals are revitalizing todays business world. Recognizing that the decision to take a sabbatical is a major step, Lisa Rogak mixes a wealth of practical how-to facts and advice with the real-life stories of over forty professionals detailing every aspect of the process. Whether you want the time off to travel, explore other careers, discover new interests, go back to school, stay with your family, do volunteer work, or simply slow down and recharge your batteries, youll find information on:
- Approaching your boss and negotiating the leave you want
- Turning your sabbatical into a career asset
- Determining your eligibility for the Family Medical Leave Act
- Financing a sabbatical creatively
- Preparing and planning to get the most out of your time off
- Troubleshooting a sabbatical thats not working out
- Adjusting to the workplace once your sabbatical is over
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations