How to choose a tool chest
• Consider whether you want a stationary or a portable tool chest. While stationary tool chests are usually bigger, portable models can be perfect for anyone who needs to use their tools on the go.
• Consider how advanced you wish your tool chest to be. Some models come with many useful accessories, including wheels, hooks on the side, anti-slip mats and attachable hooks. It’s recommended to establish a price range beforehand and determine which add-ons you are looking for, as some of the more advanced models can be pricy.
• Tool chests can come in a number of sizes, so determine how many tools you intend to store when considering what model you purchase.
• There are also tool chests than can be mounted, usually placed in the walls of vans and trucks. These can be perfect for craftsman and tradesmen who regularly travel with their tools.
• For homeowners seeking to get some work done around the house, handheld tool chests are also available for getting small jobs done.