- Product Dimensions: 22 x 14.5 x 9 cm ; 1.45 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 Kg
- Item model number: 871980410451
- ASIN: B004DL0Y1C
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: April 21 2012
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #66,299 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
Total Pond MD11400ASL 400 GPH Fountain Pump with Low Water Shut-Off and Light
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Shuts off when water is too low
- 7-Feet max lift
- 16-Feet cord
- Fits 3/8-Inch or-1/2-Inch tubing
- Ideal for small and medium fountains
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Color Name: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
TotalPond fountain pumps are engineered for reliability, performance, and through our innovative energy efficient designs. to save you money. By redesigning our volute and discharge we have reduced drag and improved performance while reducing energy usage.
From the manufacturer
Choose the Right Pump
Choose a fountain pump to match the height of your fountain. Measure from the water level to the highest point of the fountain that the water reaches; choose a pump that has an optimal pumping height greater than the height measured. When in doubt, more pumping height is better since you can adjust flow with our Flow Control feature.
TotalPond Low Water Shut-Off Pumps
If your fountain or water feature is near a windy, arid, or sunny area or if you sometimes leave the fountain unattended for a few days, water levels can drop. If the pump keeps running without water, the pump may burn out. This neat and compact pump is energy efficient and detects when water levels are low and automatically shuts off, preventing pump burnout.
- The pump operates normally when fully submerged.
- If the water level drops, a sensor detects the low water in the fountain and automatically shuts off the pump.
- Once water is added, the sensor detects the water and automatically turns the pump back on.
All of our fountain pumps have an adjustable flow control to fine-tune the flow rate and pumping height. When in doubt, more pumping height is better since you can adjust flow with our Flow Control feature.
Patented Low Water Shut-Off Technology
Detects when the water levels reach below 1 – 1 ½ inch, which prevents pump burnout.
For best results, we recommend using the largest tubing size recommended in the product specifications for reduced friction and maximum flow.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
In order to get a new one under warranty, you have to sign a bunch of papers, prove your original purchase, and then pay shipping both ways, which comes out to around $20 (almost half the price of the pump)
The second one lasted a little over a month before the same thing happened. There is a flaw in the seal around the pump that causes it to leak water into the motor housing. For me this has only ruined the functionality of the pump, but it could also be a huge safety issue. Plus, having to replace this pump 3 times a year simply isn't worth it. Buy a different brand.
And the auto shutoff feature? It's never worked on any of the pumps.
Don't know if it will be replaced again.
I had this brand in my fountain for years with no issues, now 2 issues in 90 days
2. The cording for the lights is *very* short, far from what you would expect for a 'medium to large fountain' device. Length to the first light is about 2', and the second light is about the same length, I'll probably need to replace the cords, or splice them to get them long enough (only needed a couple more feet). It's odd seeing as the cable to the pump itself is quite long.
3. The fitting for the 1/2 in tubing is very loose. I got this to replace a weaker pump and the 1/2" fitting does not inspire confidence. The previous fountain fitting was quite snug.
4. It came in one of those horrendous blister packs. Just as a final poke in the eye.
Rather than call support and get another one which has stumpy light cabling, I'll probably just return this via Amazon.