Total Quality Management: Text, Cases, and Readings, Third Edition Paperback – Jun 25 1999
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
is a delightful modern text on applied management ideally suited for a one-semester course
very readable book provides a balanced overview of TQM and will serve as an excellent addition to the literature on productivity improvement.
--K. J. Constas, in CHOICE, Vol. 37, No. 9
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Quality starts with understanding customer needs and ends when those needs are satisfied. Marketing processes establish the true requirements for the product or service. These must be communicated properly throughout the organisation in the form of specifications. Excellent communications between customers and suppliers is the key to a total quality performance - the organisation must establish feedback systems to gather customer information. Appropriate research techniques should be used to understand the "market" and keep close to customers and maintain the external perspective.
All effective quality programmes have at their centre a very clear focus on customers. Delivering customer satisfaction is the primary goal for an organisation and the approach is inherently simple - listen to customers and respond to what they say. An organisation should have a wide range of methods for listening to their customers, ranging from market research to asking customers detailed questions about how they feel about a specific transaction with the organisation. From this data an organisation can built quantitative models of the drivers of customer satisfaction which enable them to ensure that internal measures are aligned with what customers really want.
The cases reinforce the concepts discussed in the book which makes it valuable for those embarking on studies of TQM or those who need to learn how the concept can be applied in their organisation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Quality Control
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Total Quality Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Quality Control
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Total Quality Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management