""Trade Like a Hedge Fund" is to investing what Julia Child's The Art of French Cooking is to cuisine." -- Donald Luskin, SmartMoney.com, March 2004
"Should you have this in your library? Most definitely, it...maps out exactly how to turn theory into profits." -- Gary B. Smith, TheStreet.com
From the Inside Flap
High-performing and highly leveraged, hedge funds are among todays most talked-about subjects in the world of investing. But its not the hedge fund managers doing the talking. These secretive financial pros, while relentlessly pursuing every possible angle to provide their clients with far-better-than-average returns, are just as relentless in revealing as little as possible about the techniques they use to achieve those returns.
Trade Like a Hedge Fund changes all that. Written by hedge fund manager James Altucher, this technique-heavy introduction to the day-in, day-out world of hedge fund trading explores twenty trading systems, strategies, and techniques that active traders can use to uncover hidden pockets of inefficiency in any market. Altucher is well known to hedge fund managers and other market professionals for his regular contributions to TheStreet.com, and he wastes no time in getting right to the bread-and-butter trading strategies that form the foundation of todays well-documented hedge fund successes.
Learn the tips and techniques that allow fund managers and frontline traders to:
- Identify stocks that are gapping up or down, then trade those with the greatest short-term likelihood of filling that gap
- Intraday trade the NYSE tick indicatorperhaps the purest indicator of investor sentiment at any given second
- Provide impressive short-term trading profits using an innovative Bollinger Bandbased trading system
- Buy a portfolio of less-than-five-dollar stocksand average over 100 percent annual return
- Follow the low-profile movements of fixed-income investors for valuable clues to equity market direction
- Profit from playing stocks on the verge of being deletednot added, but deletedfrom major indices
- Profit from trading against common market fallacies that continually win praise even as they are continually proven wrong
Despite evidence to the contrary, hedge fund managers and traders are not magicians. But they are distinctive and savvy traders whoas opposed to staid, rules-driven mutual fund or portfolio managersenjoy the freedom to employ virtually any strategy in search of trading profits for their high-wealth clients. Let Trade Like a Hedge Fund give you a rare first-person look inside the world of the hedge fund manager, and introduce you to numerous hedge-fund techniques and tactics that you can seamlesslyand profitablyintegrate into your own trading program.
See all Product description