- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Transgender Studies Reader Paperback – Jun 9 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"As both a prefix and an adjective, 'trans' goes over, across, and beyond, making the possibilities seem endless for trans(gender) studies. However, to advance or progress requires some point of departure. For trans(gender) studies to evolve, we must have a solid understanding of where it all began. The Transgender Studies Reader is indispensable for its ability to encapsulate the century of dialog that has become what appears to be a decade-old phenomenon."
― Brice Smith, Women's Studies Quarterly
About the Author
Susan Stryker is the Executive Director of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Historical Society, and currently holds a Social Science Research Council Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Sexuality Studies in the History Department at Stanford University. Stephen Whittle is Senior Lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University and coordinator of the United Kingdom FTM Network.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > History
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Transgender
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > History > Gay & Lesbian
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology