- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Transitions in Dying and Bereavement: A Psychosocial Guide for Hospice and Palliative Care Paperback – Jun 9 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Transitions is an important and useful resource that will support our efforts in guiding patients and their families through the many complexities associated with the dying and bereavement process. All members of my hospice team will benefit from the empathic wisdom and practical advice offered."
"What a lovely book... intelligent and thoughtfully organized... an impressive collaborative work from the true experts whose talents, dedication and love for their work shines through on every page."--Maggie Callanan, R.N."Co-Author of Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying" (01/01/2001)
"This book is unique in its psychosocial focus. . .this book provides a wealth of resource material for the novice as well as experienced practitioners in end of life care: nurses, physicians, counselors, and social workers."--Becky Stepp, BBA, M.Ed., LMSW"Seton Medical Center, Doody's Review Service" (01/01/2001)
"Clinicians in practice, students and people who are themselves dealing with life-limiting illness will find Transitions to be of inestimable value."--Ira Byock, M.D., Co-Founder and Author of Dying Well and Four Things Before Goodbye"Life's End Institute: Missoula Demonstration Project" (01/01/2001)
"The authors have synthesized the 20-year experience of the Victoria Hospice to create a unique work that is both scholarly and wise and compassionate and deeply moving. This book is a gift to anyone who wants to truly serve the dying and those who love them."--Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D., Author of Kitchen Table Wisdom and My Grandfather's Blessings"Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Founder and Director of the Institute for the Study of Health and Illness at Commonwealth" (01/01/2001)
"the considerable experience of the contributors shines through. ... The book will be a valuable resource for all who work in hospice and palliative care, enabling and empowering them to further explore the psychosocial dimensions of the care we provide."--Roger Woodruff, Director of Palliative Care"Austin Health, Melbourne, Australia" (01/01/2001)
About the Author
Victoria Hospice Society, 1952 Bay Street, Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA, V8R 1J8. Providing quality end-of-life care, and teaching others how to provide that care, has been a Victoria Hospice Society (VHS) tradition since the organization was founded in 1980 in Victoria, British Columbia. As well as caring for those facing advanced illness, death, and bereavement, Victoria Hospice staff are also involved in provincial and national initiatives dedicated to palliative care training, research, and advocacy. In 1999, the Victoria Hospice Learning Centre for Palliative Care was formally established to work in partnership with other health care and academic organizations to advance excellence in palliative care. The Victoria Hospice program of care includes a 17-bed in-patient unit, a Palliative Response Team that provides 24-hour crisis to support to patients and families at home, a comprehensive bereavement program, and clinical consultation services to patients in other health care facilities. Victoria Hospice palliative care courses and publications, such as the textbook Medical Care of the Dying (1998), are valuable resources to professional care providers throughout North America. For more information, visit the Victoria Hospice website at www.victoriahospice.org.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
At a time when hospice is changing so radically (with so many for profit hospice and so many agencies "pretending to do hospice under the guise of home health" it is refreshing to see a group who has been able to embrace the totality of palliation and hospice in such a humanistic and holistic way!!!
Kudos to the staff at the Victoria Hospice Society. I hope you know how many other lives you changed as this book was published!!!!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Hospice Care
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Suicide
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Hospice Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Home & Community Care
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Oncology & Cancer
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Death
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Home & Community Care
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Oncology & Cancer
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Hospice Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Hospice & Palliative Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pain Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Home & Community Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Oncology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology