- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Travel Writing, Form, and Empire: The Poetics and Politics of Mobility Paperback – Jun 26 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Julia Kuehn teaches English literature at the University of Hong Kong. Her publications include Glorious Vulgarity: Marie Corelli’s Feminine Sublime in a Popular Context (2004), A Century of Travels in China: Travel Writing from the 1840s to the 1940s (ed., 2007), and China Abroad: Travels, Subjects, Spaces (ed., forthcoming 2009).
Paul Smethurst is Associate Professor at the University of Hong Kong. His publications include The Postmodern Chronotope (2000) and The Reinvention of Nature: Scientific, Picturesque and Romantic Travel Writing (forthcoming). He is co-editor with Steve Clark of Asian Crossings: Travel Writing on China, Japan and South East Asia (2008).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Travel
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory > Semiotics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Literary Theory
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Essays & Travelogues
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Travel Writing