Travelling the World With MS...: ...in a Wheelchair Paperback – Dec 1 2014
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Linda's story debunks an important societal myth -- that life ends with disability. Linda not only lives with progressive multiple sclerosis, but thrives with it as a world traveller, disability activist, and superb raconteur."(Tiffany Regaudie Senior Cooordinator, Communications, MS Society of Canada)
About the Author
Born in Montreal, Linda McGowan is a graduate of the Montreal General Hospital School of Nursing. She holds a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BScN) and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA), and has worked in community health for over 40 years. She was also a marathon runner, completing her last marathon a few months before being diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis). Since 1989, she has travelled in a wheelchair to more than 100 countries, touching every continent. Linda is an accessibility advocate, a motivational speaker and a writer who encourages all to embrace their dreams.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Special Needs
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Motivation
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Essays & Travelogues
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Special Needs