- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder: The Power of the Collective Heart Hardcover – Apr 20 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A major strength of this book is its detailed depiction of Krakauer's clinical work. Her techniques are given in sufficient detail for the reader to use. . . . [Another] asset of the book is Krakauer's unusual candor in reflecting on alterative understandings of her findings and ideas, and on the possible limitations on the utility of her methods. . . . Many of her ideas and approaches are thought-provoking and deserve further study. . . .This book is very well-written. It reads more smoothly and clearly than most texts of its type. . . . Dr. Krakauer is a clever and skilled clinician, and those interested in the treatment of DID who are already experienced and well-grounded in the literature of that field will find it worthwhile to acquaint themselves with her contributions."
-Richard Kluft, M.D., Ph.D., American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis
"Dr. Sarah Krakauer presents her Collective Heart model in a personal, engaging and highly readable fashion, This volume will enrich clinical understanding as well as stimulate important theoretical and research developments."
-Carolyn Zerbe Enns, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Cornell College, From the Foreword
"This book is well-written and interesting to read. The model is innovative and the case examples are quite well done and compelling."
-Christine Courtois, Ph.D., Washington, D.C.
"This is the best new book on treating Dissociative Identity Disorder. Sarah Krakauer has developed a balanced caring approach based on research and clinical experience... This book will transform how you work with these patients."
-Leonard Holmes, Ph.D., Mental Health Resources
"This book presents an empathic caring model that putspower in the hands of the client and assumes that clients hold within themselves the capacity for self-healing. The goal in therapy is personal mastery and current coping rather than recovered memory. . . . This is an innovative and impressive treatment model. I am convinced that more rigorous empirical investigation would demonstrate its efficacy."
-Miriam Liss, Ph.D., Mary Washington College
About the Author
Sarah Y. Krakauer, Psy.D., a licensed clinical psychologist, maintains a private practice in Williamsburg, Virginia, and is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychology at the College of William and Mary. After obtaining intensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of dissociative disorders during her predoctoral internship, Dr. Krakauer earned her Doctor of Psychology at the Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Compulsive Behaviour
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Dissociative Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Mental Illness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Personality
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy