Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Luxury Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(verified purchases). See all 7 reviews
on October 21, 2015
I liked the first book, but with this one I've only just started chapter five and I'm thinking about giving up on it.

There is a particular excessive repetition of the narrator/main character addressing the reader which is getting on my nerves (unfortunately)!

In this book, I've found that the author too frequently (for my liking) follows statements/observations with the narrator basically saying “yeah, I know what I just said was annoying/stupid/surprising etc., but it’s okay because I’m calling your attention to it!”

In an effort to further explain, within only the last seven pages I just read:

(statement/observation) "Yeah, I got the irony"
(statement/observation) "Yes, I was completely aware that I used chocolate as..."
(statement/observation) "Yes, I get that I kept noticing..."
(statement/observation) "....so...yeah, it was going to be a really long ride."
(statement/observation) "Yeah, I could taste emotional nuances..."

…And that was only in the last seven pages!

Used less frequently, it would be a clever little break in the flow of the story here and there; but to have the narrator 'addressing' the reader with the same sardonic sort of acknowledgement over and over again and SO OFTEN is distracting and annoying instead.

Still giving it three stars, because it's otherwise alright, so far. I just wanted to share my thoughts for anyone else who, like me, really dislikes a repetitive sort of writing 'tic' like this! Maybe the "yeah, I know…this” and "yes, I'm aware…that” peters out a bit as the book goes on, and maybe I might give it another go in the future to see if that’s the case; but for now, this particular bit of repetitive writing is just too much. I'm putting this book aside in irritation. :(
on May 7, 2015
Well written urban fantasy. I bought and read the whole series and can't wait for more from this author.
on February 27, 2017
I am big reader but got so caught up in this story I could not but it down.....Its a must read!!!!!
on December 4, 2016
Love this second book in the series just as much as the first! Can't wait to start book three !
on September 19, 2015
thoroughly enjoying this series, waiting for the next installment...
on September 21, 2016
I binge read the whole series... they were just that good!!
on May 29, 2015