Troubleshooting and Maintaining Your PC All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies Paperback – Mar 9 2009
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Who needs tech support?
Amaze your friends and fix it yourself!
When your PC goes rogue, having this hefty volume at your elbow is the next best thing to having a personal PC genie. Got a problem? Look it up in one of these handy minibooks to learn a bit about what might have caused it as well as how to solve it. When you understand what's wrong, it's easier to fix it now and prevent it from happening again.
The Zen of fix-it find out what's behind common PC problems and why the same solution may work in several situations
You haven't got mail solve e-mail and Web woes, make friends with ActiveX®, and guard against evil software
When it's the network resolve router problems, reset the modem, delve into IP addresses, and find the elusive wireless network
That ever-lovin' laptop investigate startup issues, battery quirks, power problems, and laptop travel woes
Like getting an oil change perform regular maintenance and get serious about backups
Open the book and find:
Tips and solutions for both Windows® XP and Vista
What happens when your PC performs basic functions, and what could go wrong
Startup and recovery options
Strategies to find missing files
Fixes for unhappy disks and balky printers
Tools for keeping out viruses and malware
Ways to pep up your PC
Secrets for successfully restoring files
About the Author
Dan Gookin wrote the original For Dummies book, DOS For Dummies, and launched a phenomenon. Among his many author credits are PCs For Dummies, Laptops For Dummies, and Word 2007 For Dummies. His books have more than 11 million copies in print and have been translated into 32 languages.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Maintenance, Repair & Upgrading
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > PCs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Hardware > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Hardware > Maintenance, Repair & Upgrading
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Hardware > PCs
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems