Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator Hardcover – Jul 19 2012
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Ryan Holiday is part Machiavelli, part Ogilvy, and all results…this whiz kid is the secret weapon you've never heard of."
—Tim Ferriss, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek
“A playbook for the dark arts of exploiting the media”
—Robert Greene, author of The 48 Laws of Power
"This book will make online media giants very, very uncomfortable. "
— Drew Curtis, founder, Fark.com
“Ryan Holiday's brilliant exposé of the unreality of the Internet should be required reading for every thinker in America.”
— Edward Jay Epstein, author of The Big Picture”
“The strategies Ryan created to exploit blogs drove sales of millions of my books and made me an internationally known name.” —Tucker Max, #1 New York Times bestselling author of I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
“Ryan has a truly unique perspective on the seedy underbelly of digital culture.”
—Matt Mason, Director of Marketing, BitTorrent
“Behind my reputation as marketing genius there is Ryan Holiday, whom I consult often and has done more for my business than just about anyone.”
—Dov Charney, CEO and founder, American Apparel
"...an astonishing, disturbing book"
“In the world of the internet celebrity, Ryan Holiday is the smart and handsome type, like the Arthur Miller to the girl who uploads YouTube videos of herself naked and eating ice cream.”
"This is a dark book with an important warning to clients and PR people alike."
"[Like] Upton Sinclair on the blogosphere."
—Tyler Cowen, MarginalRevolution.com
About the Author
Ryan Holiday is a media strategist for notorious clients such as Tucker Max and Dov Charney. After dropping out of college at 19 to apprentice under Robert Greene, author of The 48 Laws of Power, he went on to advise many bestselling authors and multiplatinum musicians. He is currently the director of marketing at American Apparel, where his work is internationally known. His campaigns have been used as case studies by Twitter, YouTube, and Google and written about in AdAge, the New York Times, Gawker and Fast Company. He currently lives in New Orleans and writes at RyanHoliday.net.
Top Customer Reviews
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Blogging & Blogs
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations