Tsunami: A Document of Devastation Paperback – Mar 1 2005
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I use the word "book" in quotes because this is really more like a softcover magazine, and a gigantic one at that. Most photos run across two full pages, and when it's spread open you're looking at 2-foot by 4-foot images of the tsunami's devastation. It's a size that's bulky, hard to manage; it forces you to confront what you're seeing and makes you look, and the vision of the exceptional photographers presented here keeps you looking.
VII photographers are known for being excellent at what they do, and this publication is another collection of their fine work. It's hard to see history repeating itself again so soon, and this time closer to home, but perhaps the lessons learned from the events these photographers witnessed will help ease the discomfort being felt by so many once again.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photojournalism
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century
- Books > History > Asia > Indonesia
- Books > History > Asia > Southeast Asia
- Books > History > Asia > Thailand
- Books > History > United States > 20th Century
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences