- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Twenty Poems to Bless Your Marriage: And One to Save It Hardcover – Dec 26 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
After receiving a BA (Hons) Degree in French and Spanish from Birmingham University in 1967, Roger Housden started his career in London working for Times Newspapers. Within three years he went on to being a freelance feature writer for The Guardian and an interviewer for the BBC. In the 1980s he founded The Open Gate, the first year-round conference and retreat program to bring mainstream figures in psychology, spiritual traditions, and the arts from the United States to the UK. The Open Gate was a seminal influence and inspiration for many of the learning initiatives that have developed since in the UK, including Schumacher College and Schumacher Lecture Series, and Be the Change. In 1998 Housden immigrated to the United States and since then has been a full-time writer for publishers in New York City. He lives in the Bay Area.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The poems were separated into six major areas of emphasis:
1. The Joy - celebrates new love and marital commitment
2. The Journey - focuses on two individuals becoming one and going through everyday life
3. The Work - delves on the growth of a relationship that is gained through shared experiences and challenges
4. The Love - explores the different forms and aspects of love
5. The Union - focuses on the the melding of two souls that begins after marriage and expands throughout it
6. Saving Grace - Loved this one because it deals with imperfections.
This was an excellent compilation. I have already placed two on my Amazon wishlist to purchase when they become available in December. I made so many notes in my Kindle that I'm just going to point out a few of the most beautiful stanzas that I read.
I will definitely pick up other books of poetry by Mr. Housden because this one was so superbly presented!
The book provided as a Net Galley review copy for an honest review.
Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher for review purposes.