The Two Destinies
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
English novelist and playwright Wilkie Collins was a prolific writer with a body of work comprising thirty novels, over sixty short stories, more than a dozen plays, and a wide range of non-fiction pieces. Collins is best known for his novels The Woman in White, an early sensation novela genre combining shocking gothic horror with everyday domestic settingsand The Moonstone, which is credited as one of the first modern mystery novels. In the 1850s Collins met Charles Dickens and the two struck up a friendship, which lead to Collins becoming a frequent contributor to Dickens s journals Household Words and All the Year Round. Many of his stories have been adapted for film, including Basil, A Terribly Strange Bed, The Moonstone and The Woman in White. Collins died in 1889 at the age of 65.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Authors, A-Z > ( C ) > Collins, Wilkie
- Books > Audiobooks > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Classics
- Books > Audiobooks > Mystery & Thrillers > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > British
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature