- Exclusive access to cleaning, safety, and health supplies. Create a free business account to purchase
UClear HBC100D Plus Dual Sports Helmet Communicator Bluetooth Headset
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Latest Bluetooth technology allows you to make and take cell phone calls, connect directly with another rider, and listen to your favorite music
- Make sure they hear what you’re saying. Boom-Free microphone with integrated high-quality speakers, and noise suppression and patented ABF technologies eliminate road and engine noise and other ambient sounds for clear conversations
- Voice-activated pick-up allows hands-free operation of incoming phone calls
- Full-duplex intercom system allows 4 riders to communicate at a distance of up to 500 meters (0.36 miles) each simultaneously.
- Ride in any weather our HBC units are water, heat and cold resistant. Operating temperature of -29ºC (-20ºF) to 60ºC (140ºF) ensures reliable operation even in extreme weather.
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Media: Automotive
- Item Quantity: 1
Amazon.ca Product Description
The HBC100 Plus Helmet Communication System offers the absolute best in small group intercom between 4 people, delivering over 1 mile range at an affordable price point. Using the latest Bluetooth technology, UCLEAR lets you communicate with other riders, listen to music and make phone calls all with your helmet on. Full-duplex intercom system allows four riders to communicate at a distance of up to 500 meters each. Multi-Hop Technology extends the range up to 1.2 miles with four riders connected. UCLEAR’s Boom-Free microphone & patented beam forming technology isolates the voice and eliminates background noise, so users can be heard even in the most extreme environment. Free firmware upgrades let you keep your units up to date with the latest features. BOX INCLUDES: 2 HBC100 Plus Controller Units, 2 V2 Stereo Speaker Sets with Embedded Microphones, 1 Wall Charger, 2 USB Charging Cables, 4 Permanent Helmet Mounts, 4 Velcro Speaker Mounts and a Quick Start Guide.
From the Manufacturer
This helmet communicator offers a rider to rider intercom range of up to 500 meters or 0.3 of a mile at an affordable price point. Like Uclear's HBC100 and HBC200, the PLUS puts boomless, hands free technology into helmets. Riders can make a call, intercom with a passenger or nearby biker and still turn up the tunes. Connect up to two users and take advantage of improved HBC200 series design and firmware upgradability. Advanced product features include: Adaptive beam forming "boomless" microphone; Bluetooth ready for calls, music and GPS; intercom range: Up to 500 meters/0.31 miles; full duplex communications; superior voice quality; and connects up to 2 riders (range will vary on environmental conditions). Sold in single (100 PLUS) and dual (100D PLUS) packs. This kit includes: Two (2) - Uclear helmet communicators, two (2) stereo speaker sets with embedded microphones, one (1) wall charger, two (2) USB charging cables, four (4) permanent helmet attachments, two (2) Velcro speaker attachment sets, and owner manual.
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We had a bit of hassle pairing up with our phones the first time. The LEDs weren't doing what we expected, so we ended up repeating the process several times until, somewhat magically, it worked. Once the initial hurdle was overcome we've been very happy with the communicators. The microphone works well and is clearly audible until at least 100km/h. On a recent week-long trip it probably saved my wife and I at least a couple arguments as we were able to talk rather than resort to cryptic hand signals.
It's great to have music without being tethered to a wire, and having safe control of track and volume without having to stop is awesome. The speakers are tinny without much bass, so audiophiles will be disappointed, but if you just want to be able to hear something other than the thoughts in your own head this is a great solution.
Top reviews from other countries
- Pairing is really annoying and specific. I first thought the units were bust until I found a video tutorial online - not ideal...
- When using this as an intercom, the units only establish connection when there's someone actually talking and disconnect after they're idle for a few seconds - which is great in theory, since you don't get background noises from your partner. BUT unfortunately the reconnect only kicks in after a few fractions of a second, which means the first one or two syllables are not transmitted. We are currently working around this by doing an awkward "ahem" or similar to initiate the connection....
Other than that I can recommend it in a heartbeat, especially considering its price point
There are other issues:
1 Instructions are too brief and rudimentary
2 There are two units but only one charger - this is inconvenient for a two up set up
3 The USB connector for the helmet mounted units is extremely stiff to get in
4 The velcro fitting that enables the speakers to fit inside the helmet is simply useless: it does not adhere to the helmet as the adhesive is far too weak
5 The speaker / mic units are very thick. They press uncomfortably against my ears in my helmet (new Schuberth flip lid)
However, the units are easy to install. But as they don't work I can't comment further.