Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's Best Trips series. To kick-start your perfect Americana adventure, our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips (A Sampler)' features seven of our all-time favorite excursions, excerpted from each of our seven Best USA Trips guides. This sampler offers a taste of the iconic sights, awe-inspiring beauty, and hidden gems that awaits along each region's highways. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips (A Sampler):
- Get inspired - highlights, expert recommendations, gorgeous photography
- Discover even more - detours, local secrets, walking routes, ways to link trips
- Get around easily - full-color maps of featured routes, detailed directions, practical tips
- Planning advice to help you design your ideal road trip
- Michigan's Gold Coast (From USA's Best Trips)
Caribbean-blue lake vistas, surfing beaches, dunes, wineries, orchards, Dutch kitsch, French colonial outposts
- Zion & Bryce National Parks (From Southwest USA's Best Trips)
Crimson monoliths, slot canyons, river walks, pioneer ruins, Old West kitsch, artisan galleries
- Hudson Valley (From New York & the Mid-Atlantic's Best Trips)
Breathtaking nature just beyond Manhattan, forested parks, historical sites, lavish Gilded Age mansions
- Florida's Highway 1 (From Florida & the South's Best Trips)
Fascinating history, dazzling white beaches, swamps and wildlife, colorful art-deco streets, Latin flavor
- Pacific Coast Highways (From California's Best Trips)
Iconic beaches, stunning cliffs, redwood forests, seafood shacks, prime sunset-watching spots
- Highway 101 Oregon Coast (From Pacific Northwest's Best Trips)
Quaint seaside towns, colorful tide pools, lighthouses, exhilarating ocean views
- Coastal New England (From New England's Best Trips)
Fishing villages, historic mansions perched at ocean's edge, whale-watching, maritime museums
There's More in Store for You:
- Once you pick the region you want to explore, check out the related Best Trips guide for additional itineraries, detailed recommendations, and in-depth, expert planning advice. Each guide features around 30 of regional routes, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures. Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere entirely new, Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides will ensure you have an amazing time.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.