- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Harry N. Abrams (March 1 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0810992507
- ISBN-13: 978-0810992504
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 1.9 x 19.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 204 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#1,641,789 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1076 in Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Military & Wars
- #1147 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Prejudice & Racism
- #3973 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
Under the Sun Paperback – Mar 1 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Arthur Dorros, author of many highly touted and best-selling picture books, has written his first novel. To research this book, he traveled extensively in the Balkans and lived briefly in "The Children's Village," which features prominently in the story. His previous books have been named ALA Notables, CBC-NCSS Notables, NYPL Best Books, and more. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I was gripped by the drama of the story and absorbed by the opportunity to view the Balkan wars from the perspective of a child experiencing the pain, confusion, and grief of that tragic time. "Under the Sun" is a beautifully written novel that gives me hope, even as I struggle to understand the new war that is being fought today.