Understanding Emotions Paperback – Illustrated, Mar 14 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“This new edition is as delightful and informative as its predecessor. It includes the important advancements in research made over the past 10 years, and carries the clear fruits of its enlarged authorship.” Nico Frijda, University of Amsterdam
“Understanding Emotions provides an admirable theoretical integration of empirical research and, at the same time, makes emotion research relevant to our everyday lives. It is the perfect book for both undergraduate and graduate-level courses on emotion.” Batja Mesquita, Wake Forest University
From the Back Cover
Keith Oatley and Jennifer M. Jenkins’s best-selling book on the psychology of emotions is the most highly regarded and engaging text for the emotions course. While retaining its interdisciplinary breadth, historical insights, and engaging format, this new edition adds the expertise of outstanding researcher and dedicated teacher Dacher Keltner. The second edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest research and developments in emotions and includes the following features:
- Cohesive synthesis of evolutionary and cultural approaches to emotion
- New chapters on communication of emotion, bodily changes, and appraisal
- Increased emphasis on interpersonal implications of emotions, including studies of newly discovered expressions and systems of communication
- New coverage of moral judgment, individual differences, gene-environment interactions, and positive emotions
- New coverage of subjective well-being and pro-social emotions like gratitude and compassion
- Updated references throughout reflect current research and data, including research on affective neuroscience
- A new design and pedagogical features including new integrated boxes that depict historical landmarks and historical figures, updated tables, boldfaced terms, and end-of-chapter summaries
An Instructor’s Manual with lecture notes, chapter outlines, and multiple-choice test questions available upon request. Please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/oatley.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
A highly recommended resource to this book is an online series of classroom podcasts produced by the University of California at Berkeley by co-author Dacher Keltner (available on iTunes and other sites).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Emotions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology