Understanding Reptile Parasites: A Basic Manual for Herpetoculturists & Veterinarians Paperback – Jan 1 2001
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
If you don't have an exotics or herp vet near you, this will help your furry pet vet help your herp. Believe me, I am thankful every day that I got this book when I didn't really need it because it meant the small town horse and dog vet clinic could see my old world chameleon and HELPED me, like they would not have been able to without this book.
Key features for you and your vet: 1. Medicine names, dosage for types/weight of different animals, means of administering, side effects, and uses. 2. Photographs of extracted worms and of microscope slides showing various micro-parasites & their eggs. 3. Sketch showing all the worms & parasites in relative size to each other. 4. Tips on "shot-gun" approach to parasite & disease treatment in wild-caught animals, discussion of various cures, discussion of the effects of diseases on your herp, and practical husbandry/keeping/handling/feeding info on how to prevent future reoccurances.
I got this book when I bought my first frog "just-in-case," but I never needed it, never used it, until this year when my chameleon was sick with worms. I was glad I had it and that is when I decided to buy a second copy for my vet's clinic. You can't afford to wait to buy this book until you need this book. You need it now while your animals are healthy!!!
The words, of what I would consider in ideal size, are printed on good quality "glossy" paper and very professional.
I have a copy and I think it's the best book available I can find about the topic. This book that's good in appearance and content. Get it if you are a true reptile lover.
Most recent customer reviews
Roger Klingenberg is a well-recognized veterinary expert on reptiles and their parasites. His book is very well done and appropriate for both veterinarians and reptile owners. Read morePublished on Oct. 23 2000 by A. Donoghue
Excellent book for the basic reptile keeper to get an idea of what to expect and what to look for when caring for herps in thier care. Read morePublished on Feb. 6 2000 by Kuhlinayn
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Animal Care & Pets > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Medical Books > Veterinary Medicine > Ophthalmology
- Books > Medical Books > Veterinary Medicine > Parasitology
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Veterinary Medicine > Parasitology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Living on the Land > Hunting & Fishing
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hunting & Fishing