- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Understanding Sport Organizations-2nd Edition Hardcover – Dec 13 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Trevor Slack, PhD, is Canada research chair of the International Institute for the Study of Sport Management at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta. Slack is widely published in major sport and organization journals and has presented as a keynote speaker at conferences on sport organizations around the world. He has been editor of the Journal of Sport Management and the European Journal of Sport Management, and he has been on the editorial board of several journals related to sport management. Slack has been awarded numerous grants for social science and humanities research projects. In 1995 he presented the Zeigler Lecture, the leading lecture in sport management, and in 2001 he was awarded a Canada Research Chair for his work in sport management.
Milena M. Parent, PhD, is an assistant professor in the School of Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa. Parent completed her PhD in the International Institute for the Study of Sport Management at the University of Alberta. She has experience as a national-level figure skater, a coach, and an administrator. Her doctoral research in sport management is on organizational theory and strategic management of large-scale sporting events. Parent is a coach for Skate Canada and a member of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, the Academy of Management, and the North American Society of Sport Management. She also serves as a reviewer for European Sport Management Quarterly and for the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada conference.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
i highly recommend this book for sports managers.
University of Bahrain
I'm a teacher and it will help my classes in Brazil. Everybody that works with Sport Organization has to get one like this!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Sports & Entertainment > Park & Recreation
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Sports Medicine
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Sports Medicine
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Sociology of Sports
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Sports Events