Unidentified Flying Oddball
|List Price:||CDN$ 14.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 9.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 5.11 (34%)|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
There's magic in the memories as great Disney moments are captured right here for you and your family to enjoy! Space-age technology is pitted against medieval superstition and treachery in this wild and wacky comedy/fantasy. Astronaut Tom Trimble (Dennis Dugan) and his robot companion are unexpectedly hurled backward in time during a routine space flight ... and end up prisoners at the Court of King Arthur in sixth-century England! Adding to Tom's plight is his discovery of a sinister plot to overthrow the King, with the outcome resting on the flash-and-dazzle of the equipment at hand -- from the 20th century!
Mark Twain's wit was oft demonstrated in his short stories and novels, and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court certainly qualifies as one of his most popular. The tale's so well-liked that various renditions--including a musical comedy, an animated Bugs Bunny version, and two kid pics--have been turned into films and telefilms (many of which should be considered "inspired by" instead of straight translations). This Disney film takes the basics of Twain's charmer and turns it into the story of a scientist whose twin-looking humanoid will be the first to try out a faster-than-the-speed-of-light rocket ship. When the humanoid becomes afraid, the scientist climbs on board to comfort it and the ship accidentally rockets off--and into King Arthur's Camelot. Dennis Dugan, an underrated comic actor (best remembered as Richie Brockelman introduced on The Rockford Files), is the likable lead, as well as his robotic alter ego. Ron Moody is a wickedly creepy Merlin, Kenneth More is an elegant, if older, King Arthur, and English actress Sheila White (Oliver!) is a sweet Alisande. Despite its 1979 production date, the film has a surprisingly timeless look. Certainly, the low-budget technology can't compare to today's CGI miracles, but this film is more about ingenuity and resourcefulness, and it gets those messages across well. --N.F. Mendoza --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Comic Action
- Movies & TV > Art House & International > By Country > British Cinema > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Art House & International > By Country > British Cinema > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Comedy > British
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > Live Action > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fantasy Adventures
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids