The United Nations At the End of the 1990s Hardcover – Apr 12 1999
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
As the UN continues to demonstrate the potential for new vitality, this new edition of the most concise introduction to the United Nations provides the essential information and background to half-a-century of the world organization's experience. It sets out the fundamental features of the structure of the UN and traces the political developments around such topics as maintaining international peace, protecting human rights, and improving economic welfare. The book provides essential information and analysis for students and lecturers in international politics, international relations, strategic and security studies and peace studies. It will be of use to policy-makers and practitioners in international politics in international organizations, foreign ministries and diplomatic embassies.
About the Author
Leon Gordenker is Professor Emeritus of Politics at Princeton University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Law > International Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > International
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > War & Peace
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Security
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > United Nations
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Relations