Unreal Tournament III - PlayStation 3
- Vast Arsenal of Weapons: Unreal Tournament has always been known for brutal weaponry, and now the arsenal is even bigger and badder. Detonate your opponent from a distance with the Shock Rifle or blast away at close range with the Flak Cannon.
- New Single Player Campaign: Unreal Tournament like you've never seen it before! The Necris invasion has begun, and your clan was one of the first to be slaughtered.
- New and Favorite Characters: Fight side-by-side with or compete against new and returning characters from the Unreal universe, all with enhanced abilities, extremely detailed designs, and distinct personalities.
- Enhanced Popular Game Types: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and all-new Warfare mode and more.
- Online Innovations: Unreal Tournament 3 brings back all the award-winning online features of previous Unreal Tournament games, plus seamless loading on servers, improved matchmaking, and co-operative campaign play online.
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unreal Tournament 3 marks the return of the world's premiere first-person shooter debut on PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Unreal Tournament 3 unleashes the full power of Unreal Engine 3, taking graphics, gameplay, and challenge to a whole new level. Players engage in intense battles with other human players online, or against Unreal artificial intelligence that sets the industry standard. With the most powerful futuristic weapons and vehicles available, this is FPS action at its best!
Top Customer Reviews
If you like shooters get this game. It's full adrenaline, fast paced hilarious fun!
Sadly, I don't think consoles were ready for UT. UT had a HUGE fanbase on the PC, and not a lot of them were ready to make the jump over to console. So this is why you find the game for so cheap. But as soon as I heard UT3 was going to support custom content on the PS3, it was a must get for me, and I wasn't let down.
First off the bat, there are 2 free map packs available for this game, not to mention the limitless amount of mods and maps made by users.
So why do I say if you like the original UT you may like this game? Because a lot of people have made re-makes of a lot of the classic maps we all know and love. Facing Worlds, Thorns, LavaGiant, and November just to name a few. If you search the internet, they arn't hard to find and there is a ton of custom content. Probably the only way you'll see Bomberman, Mario, Sonic, Master Cheif and Solid Snake having a shoot out. Yup, eat your heart out LittleBigPlanet, UT3 had custom user made levels a year before your release!
Over all, this game gets a 5/5 for its ability for custom content! (Sorry 360 users, your version doesn't support custom content, and you can thank Microsoft for THAT!)
Reading other reviewers, I simply could not believe what they were saying and decided to test it myself. Alas they were correct. Designed to be CPU intensive, memory intensive and graphics card intensive ... previous releases outstrip this game by miles and I'm sure this explains why its still sitting on the shelves in the stores.
Another avid fan bites the dust and in search of something new. Any suggestions?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
-Surprisingly well made campaign
-All your favorite weapons are here
-Tons of customization available
-Might be too familiar for some
-Not nearly as huge as UT2004
Overall, this is exactly what you would expect from Unreal Tournament.