Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Here To Stay|
|2. Make Believe|
|4. Hollow Life|
|5. Bottled Up Inside|
|8. One More Time|
|9. Alone I Break|
|11. Beat It Upright|
|12. Wake Up Hate|
|13. I'm Hiding|
|14. No One's There|
Asian Version featuring a Video CD Sampler of Videos from MTV.
The band that unwittingly begat the current, if waning, rap-metal frenzy, Korn has been semidormant since 1999's multiplatinum Issues, while bands they inspired, such as Linkin Park, have ruled the charts and minds of disenfranchised teens. The wait for Untouchables' 14 cutting cuts is more than worth it, however. The quintet's heavy sound and lyrical angst have not been dulled by success. Singer Jonathan Davis's often agonized, cathartic lyrics and slightly lispy, emotive delivery are as heavy and varied as on previous outings. On the first single, "Here to Stay," which boasts a spooky, Nine Inch Nails feel and Fieldy's aggro, down-tuned bass, Davis growls in pain, "This state is elevating / As the hurt turns into hating / Anticipating all the f---ed up feelings again."
Among and within songs, Korn move seamlessly and dynamically from gentle, spooky, and lushly melodic to a bass-heavy propulsive, explosive musicality. "Embrace" is almost grandiose and Cult-like in its rock drama, in contrast to the punky, straight-up "Wake Up Hate," on which Davis's vocals are especially creepy and Marilyn Manson-like as he rants: "I'm, I'm filthy/ Wasted piece of s--t/ I am disgusting/ Take me away." Untouchables, with its brutal introspection and hints of misogyny, is sure to earn its parental advisory sticker. But the album is still a must-have: 62 minutes of deeply felt, ultra-intense spewings, a tour de force that will strike a chord with fans and critics alike. --Katherine Turman
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
IM AM LISTENING TO IT NOW VERY LOAD AND IT TOTALY ROCKS THE THIS IS ON ALBUM I WILL NEVER GET BORED OF I HAVE OWNED IT SINCE IT CAME OUT ABOUT 3OR4 YEARS AGO AND EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO IT IT GETS BETTER MY SONG RATINGS R
[HERE TO STAY] 10/10 IT IS A GREAT WAY TO OPEN THE ALBUM
[MAKE BELIEVE] 10/10 INSANLY GOOD
[BLAME] 10/10 GREAT VOCAL VARIATION
[HOLLOW LIFE] 10/10 AMAZING INTRO TO THE SONG AND WIKED SONG
[BOTTLED UP INSIDE] 10/10 RELY GOOD CHORUS POUNDING SONG
[THOUGHTTLESS] 10/10 PROBABLY THE BEST SONG BY KORN DUE TO THE INSANELY GOOD CHORUS AND VOCALS BY JONATHAN DAVIES
[HATING] 9/10 GOOD SONG GOOD INTRO
[ONE MORE TIME] 10/10 AMAZING CHORUS
[ALONE I BREAK] 10/10 A QUET SONG BY KORNS STANDARDS BUT RELY GOOD A BIT AMOTIONAL AND DEPRESSING BUT GOOD
[EMBRACE] 7/10 MORE LIKE KORNS OLDER STUFF A BIT BORING
[BEAT IT UPRIGHT] 7/10 OK
[WAKE UP HATE] 10/10 ONE OF KORNS WEIRD SONGS BUT THRILLING
[IM HIDING] 9.5/10 GREAT VOCALS ON THE CHORUS REST OF THE SONG LETS IT DOWN
[NO ONES THERE] 10/10 AMAZING INTRO PERFECT WAY TO END A BRILIANT ALBUM
1) Here To Stay (10/10): a great, heavy guitar riff. The lyrics are really good. An excellent intro to the CD, and probably my second favorite song.
2) Make Believe (8/10): This isn't one of my favorite songs, but it has a nice electronic kind of sound. Great chorus.
3) Blame (10/10): The first 10 seconds or so sound the same as the beginning of Here To Stay. Great guitar riff, nice drumming, cool-sounding lyrics . The chorus is great. My fourth favorite song.
4) Hollow Life (9/10): This hardly sounds like Korn! It's more calm than most of their stuff, but it has an eerie, HOLLOW sound to it :) The chorus is pretty good.
5) Bottled Up Inside (10/10): My favorite song! The opening guitar riff is awesome, as are the lyrics. I like from about 2:50-3:12 when the lyrics slow down and become louder, augmented by very heavy guitar playing and some amazing drumming, with scat in the background. This song is perfect.
6) Thoughtless (10/10): Nice guitar riffs. I like the chorus with two voices going at once saying the same thing at different times. I like the scatty vocals towards the end. A great song.
7) Hating (9/10): The beginning sounds strange. I like the bass throughout the song, especially during the chorus. The lyrics sound really cool.
8) One More Time (9/10): Another different-sounding song. Unlike all the other songs. This song is really catchy.
9) Alone I Break (10/10): It's hard to tell this is even Korn! One of the most unique Korn songs I've ever heard. It's hard to describe.Read more ›
1. Here To Stay(10/10):Kickass heavy song. The music video is weird though.
2. Make Believe(9/10):Weird song, but the chorus is good.
3. Blame(8/10):Good song.
4. Hollow Life(10/10):The lightest song on the album, but it still kicks ass!
5. Bottled Up Inside(9/10):Very heavy song.
6. Thoughtless(10/10):Very kickass song! One of KoRn's best songs ever!!
7. Hating(8/10):Good song.
8. One More Time(8/10):Another very good song.
9. Alone I Break(10/10):I love this song! I love the message in it.
10. Embrace(12/10):Heaviest song on the album! And my favorite song!
11. Beat It Upright(9/10):Another good song.
12. Wake Up Hate(12/10):Awesome song! The chorus has Slipknot-esque touch to it.
13. I'm Hiding(9/10):Very good song.
14. No One's There(8/10):Very good song.
Bonus Track. Here To Stay(remix)(7.5/10):My least favorite song.
Bottum line:This is an awesome album! This is a must-own!
However, this cd did not recieve the sales that it should have.
If they weren't so stupid to have this albem leak 4 months befire release!!!!!!!!!
also, if korn weren't so bad at promotion this cd would have been just as succesfull as the others. I'm not saying that this cd didn't sell well, as it did nearly hit multiplatinum status. This cd is one of my favorite cds and it has been for nearly 2 years. The diversity in each song is so incredible. No song sounds like the other. Within the album there are examples of death metal (Embrace), industrial (wake up hate), even parts that remind me of Special AKA. (Hollow life)
REASONS TO LOVE UNTOUCHABLES
1.With Jonathan Davis' expanded vocal range (now hitting a high A) the diversity of his singing ability is showcased even further than it was on Issues. The vocals on this album are so incredible it would make even Maynard wet his pants (yes I said that). Ranging from a death metallish growl (although not as flourished as on Take a look in the mirrors Break Some Off) to the most incredible tennor voice i've ever heard in my life. In interviews Davis said that he wanted to prove to the world that he could sing, well I think he bloody well did!!! With his enchanting should, plus the scat appearing on 3 tracks (Bottled Up Inside, Thoughtless and Beat It Upright)
2. The rich guitar effects. Never before have I heard metal with such incredible sounds. Ranging from the usual standard distortion, all the way to an effect that makes you question how the **** they can get guitars to sound that way.
3. The snare sound. It is completely perfect. It makes the tracks sound completely solid. Like they are missing nothing.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I dont know what happened this cd really really really sucks the only good song in this is Bottled Up Inside... wow what happened KoRn?Published on June 26 2004 by Nadir Durrani
Don't get me wrong; I love Korn to death, but the magic isn't there anymore. The fact is that the style of metal that they created has been beaten to death by countless... Read morePublished on June 25 2004 by hiphopforlife
This is hands down the best album by Korn. This is even better than their latest album. If you are going to buy a Korn CD, buy this one.Published on June 24 2004
But this was really good.Nobody is better than korn in the twenty first century at expressing anger depair and alienation. Read morePublished on June 18 2004 by The Voice of Reason
this cd sucks no afence 2 korn. i like there other cds like there debut and all of them except for untouchables.Published on June 7 2004 by nate
how the hell can you say it's nothing new for korn? are you freaking deaf? you're just another trendy deftones fan that calls off korn for selling out just because they made a... Read morePublished on June 3 2004
I only bought this cd because I was sold by the awesome design on the cover. The best songs are Here to Stay and Thoughtless. It's nothing really new for Korn. Read morePublished on May 31 2004 by Red