Urban Nation Hardcover – Apr 14 2008
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
?Broadbent has provided the blueprint for every civic, provincial and federal politician to potentially alter Canada for the better. . . . Broadbent has literally put his and other people?s money where his mouth is, investing in making Canada?s cities more livable for everyone.?(Winnipeg Free Press)
About the Author
ALAN BROADBENT is chairman and CEO of Avana Capital Corporation, a private investmentholding company that also initiates and funds various civic engagement projectsto strengthen public discourse on sustaining civil society, including the Jane JacobsPrize and Ideas That Matter. He is also chairman of the Maytree Foundation, which iscommitted to reducing poverty and inequality in Canada, and its offshoot, the CaledonInstitute of Social Policy. Alan Broadbent sits on a number of other boards, including theTides Foundation (Canada), The Literary Review of Canada and the Agora Foundation. Helives in Toronto.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Government
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Urban
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Government
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology