- Actors: Ewan McGregor, Ricky Gervais, Tim Curry, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Laurie
- Directors: Gary Chapman
- Writers: Story By George Webster, George Webster, George Screenplay By Jordan Katz
- Format: Animated, Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Language: English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles: French, Spanish
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
- Release Date: Dec 13 2005
- Run Time: 76 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- ASIN: B000BITUVG
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #16,081 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
|Price:||CDN$ 6.25 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The whole world is looking for a hero, and it's up to a little pigeon named Valiant to step up and bravely serve his country. Valiant (Ewan McGregor) and his fine, feathered friends take to the sky on a wing and a prayer to prove that it's not your wingspan but the size of your spirit that truly counts. Together this rag-tag squadron of birdbrains engages in hilarious aerial adventures at a spitfire pace. From the first bumbling day of basic training through the final feather-raising mission, the flock of comical characters swoops their way toward victory. From the producer of SHREK and SHREK 2, VALIANT delivers stunning animation, a top-flight voice cast, and an action-packed story loaded with laughs. It's a soaring family comedy that truly earns its wings.~~(C) Disney/Vanguard Animation/UK Film Council
Hilarious Bloopers|VALIANT Training Challenge Game -- Multiple Levels Of Fun!
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
The setting is 1944. With World War II still raging, the Royal Air Force Homing Pigeon Brigade, having suffered extensive losses delivering important messages to and from enemy lines, is looking for a few good pigeons. Valiant (voiced wonderfully by Ewan McGregor) is determined to leave the nest and prove himself, especially if it means serving alongside heroes such as the celebrated Gutsy (Hugh Laurie). No one thinks he can make it (he's not even "yea" high, for one thing), but he's determined to prove everyone wrong and do his part in the fight for freedom. Arriving in London, he meets up with a smelly old con pigeon named Bugsy (Ricky Gervais), who sort of accidentally signs up for service alongside him. They both fit right in to the band of misfits who make up Squadron F (Lofty, the intellectual, blue-blood and two brothers sporting more brawn than brain). Unfortunately, it falls to this lot - even before their training is complete - to take on the mission that, if successful, may well win the war for the Allies. It will be highly dangerous, though, as they must avoid the enemy's deadly falcons, led by the formidable Von Talon (Tim Curry).
Is it predictable? Yes, of course it is. It's a family-friendly, G-rated cartoon, after all. Any young child can understand the story. The only problem I had with the film was its rather short running time of 76 minutes. The big scenes at the end do feel a tad rushed, and one can only wonder why they couldn't add in a few more minutes to round things off a little more effectively. This, however, is a small complaint on my part, as I found this movie immensely entertaining.
I was especially pleased by the note at the end of the film acknowledging the important contribution different animals actually did perform in World War II - especially carrier pigeons, who won 24 Dickens Medals for their heroic service. I would encourage Valiant fans to read a little about such avian heroes as GI Joe, who saved the British forces occupying an Italian town from American bombing, Cher Ami, who (despite being shot in both the chest and the leg) delivered a message that saved forces trapped behind enemy lines from devastating friendly fire, and many other unsung non-human war heroes.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Animation > Feature Films
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Art House & International > By Country > British Cinema
- Movies & TV > Comedy > British
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Comedy Stars > John Cleese
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Military & War
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animals
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > Animated Movies
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Military & War > Comedy