- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by 5A/30 Entertainment when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Verdi: Ernani [Import]
Today Only: "Mad Max Anthology (4 Film Collection) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)" for $25.99
For one day only: Mad Max Anthology (4 Film Collection) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) is at a one day special price. Offer valid on July 27, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
No opera is more romantic than Giuseppe Verdi's Ernani. Three rivals risk everything for a hot-blooded woman, plotting abductions, hatching conspiracies, swearing fatal oaths. This 1983 Metropolitan Opera production brought together a superb cast of singers, well able to take on the challenge of Verdi's searing music. Stars: Luciano Pavarotti, Leona Mitchell, Sherrill Milnes, Ruggero Raimondi. Chorus, Ballet and Orchestra of the Metropolitan Opera. Conductor: James Levine
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Finally, I have to say a couple words about technical details of the copy, sound is terrific - beautifully recorder, as studio audio recording, picture is clear, as it should be, unlike Kultur Film (see my review of Donizetti's Lucrezia Borgia on DVD) copies.
There is no way do not recommend this full version (more longer than Schippers version on RCA studio recording) of the opera performance. If you buy you will definitely love it.
One more word to say about the chorus: it is one of the unforgettable. I really think that this production is one to the treasure.
Most recent customer reviews
I wonder if those who are enthusiastic about this performance have seen the Muti/La Scala performance with Domingo, Freni, Bruson, and Ghiarov? That one is fiery and exciting. Read morePublished on Nov. 24 2002 by Jan Cambria
A terrific performance! I have never had the opertunity to see this opera. The DVD was a good way to see it.Published on Nov. 25 2000 by Ida J. Jeppesen
Anyone who hasn't heard the previous VHS version of this performance has missed a whole lot of just about everything great there is to be heard in this or any medium. Read morePublished on Feb. 16 2000 by D. J. Edwards
George Bernard Shaw described Ernani as Verdi's most intense opera, and in this rendition, all of the musical and visual elements of the work that so pleased the irascible Shaw... Read morePublished on Feb. 8 2000 by John G. Gleeson Sr.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Art House & International > By Original Language > Italian
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Classical > By Composer > Verdi, Giuseppe
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Classical > By Historical Period > Romantic (c.1820-1910)
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Classical > By Performer > Levine, James
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Classical > By Performer > Pavarotti, Luciano
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Opera > By Composer > Verdi, Giuseppe
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Opera > By Performer > Levine, James
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Opera > By Performer > Pavarotti, Luciano
- Music > Classical
- Music > Opera & Vocal