Visual Foxpro Pro 9.0 Win Eng Not to France CD
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Category:Programming tool
- Subcategory:Programming - database / connectivity
- Distribution Media:CD-ROM
- Package Type:Retail
- System Requirements:Microsoft Windows (32 bit)
- License Type:Complete package
- Platform: Windows XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Amazon.ca Product Description
VFoxPro Pro 9.0 Win32 English CD
From the Manufacturer
With its local cursor engine, tight coupling between language and data, and powerful features, Visual FoxPro 9.0 is a great tool for building database solutions of all sizes. Its data-centric, object-oriented language offers developers a robust set of tools for building database applications for the desktop, client-server environments, or the Web. Developers will have the necessary tools to manage data--from organizing tables of information, running queries, and creating an integrated relational database management system (DBMS) to programming a fully-developed data-management application for end users.
XML Web services created with Visual FoxPro 9.0 can be consumed by XML Web service clients of Visual Studio .NET 2003 including ASP.NET, and XML Web services created with Visual Studio .NET 2003 and any other standards-based XML Web service can be consumed by Visual FoxPro 9.0.
Data-Handling and Interoperability
Create .NET-compatible solutions with hierarchical XML and XML Web services. Exchange data with SQL Server through enhanced SQL language capabilities and newly supported data types.
Extensible Developer Productivity Tools
Enhance your user interfaces with dockable user forms, auto-anchoring of controls, and improved image support. Personalize the Properties Window with your favorite properties, custom editors, fonts, and color settings.
Flexibility to Build All Types of Database Solutions
Build and deploy stand-alone and remote applications for Windows-based Tablet PCs. Create and access COM components and XML Web Services compatible with Microsoft .NET technology.
Reporting System Features
Extensible new output architecture provides precision control of report data output and formatting. Design with multiple detail banding, text rotation, and report chaining. Output reports supported include in XML, HTML, image formats, and customizable multi-page print preview window. Backward compatible with existing Visual FoxPro reports.
Easy to Upgrade
Upgrading to Visual FoxPro 9.0 is easy and rewarding, as it is the most advanced and reliable version of FoxPro ever released, and is 100-percent compatible with Visual FoxPro 8.0. Developers can even create applications with Visual FoxPro 9.0 and deploy them using the Visual FoxPro 8.0 runtime, as long as no new commands and features are implemented in the distributed application. This allows developers and teams to upgrade to Visual FoxPro 9.0 and benefit from the wealth of new productivity features, while transitioning existing applications to the newer runtime engine.
Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 is an extremely powerful tool for quickly building database applications and components. Its data-centric, object-oriented language offers developers a robust tool set for building database applications--for the desktop, as a client/server solution, or on the Web by using components and XML Web services.
New features in Visual FoxPro 9.0:
Flexibility to Build All Types of Database Solutions
- Create .NET-compatible solutions with hierarchical XML and XML Web services.
- Exchange data with SQL Server through enhanced SQL language capabilities and newly supported data types.
- Enhance your user interfaces with dockable user forms, auto-anchoring of controls, and improved image support.
- Personalize the Properties Window with your favorite properties, custom editors, fonts, and color settings.
- Build and deploy stand-alone and remote applications for Windows based Tablet PCs.
- Create and access COM components and XML Web Services compatible with Microsoft .NET technology.
- Visual FoxPro 9.0 allows you to build end-to-end solutions, from data entry forms to complex report outputs.
- Extensible new output architecture provides precision control of report data output and formatting.
- Multiple detail band support for data with multiple one-to-many relationships.
- Output reports supported include in XML, HTML, image formats, and customizable multi-page print preview window.
- Customizable print preview window with improved display quality and multiple page support.
- New ReportListener class provides access to report generation and rendering events at runtime.
- Flexible report chaining allows for more complex print jobs.
- Powerful design-time hooks with customizable builders.
- Backward compatible with existing Visual FoxPro reports.
- New Data Types: Varchar, Varbinary, and Blob types allow for improved interoperability with SQL Server.
- Extended SQL Enhancements: more capabilities with Select, Insert, Update, and Delete statements.
- CAST(): new function allows you to convert between different data types.
- New Binary Index: support for new index type to improve performance using Deleted tag.
- XMLAdapter: improved nested hierarchical XML and XSD schema support.
- Dockable Forms: allow for professional functioning Windows applications.
- Anchoring: lets you control movement of controls on a form as the form is resized.
- Buttons: improved control over position of image on a button with text alignment.
- Checkboxes: new word wrap support for checkbox captions.
- Labels: support for rotating text for label captions.
- Shapes and Lines: ability to create polygons and Bezier curves.
- Lists and Combos: use collections as databinding row source.
- Images: bind to non file-based pictures.
- Property Sheet: support for new font and color display options, extended characters and long expressions.
- Member Data Extensibility: ability to specify custom property editors and favorites.
- Background Compile: see valid and invalid syntax as you type command lines.
- Task Pane: new and improved task panes such as the Data Explorer pane.
- Extended System Capabilities: no limits for arrays, procedure size, and nesting levels.
- String Functions: powerful new enhancements for working with strings.
- ICASE(): new inline function similar to DO CASE statement.
- International: greater support for use of FontCharSets in applications.