- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
In Vivo NMR Spectroscopy: Principles and Techniques Hardcover – Dec 10 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
In Vivo NMR Spectroscopy Robin A. de Graaf Department of in vivo NMR, Utrecht University, The Netherlands This is the first book in the field of in vivo NMR to cover in depth the technical and basic biophysical aspects of the technique. The contents of the book are appropriate to both beginners and experienced users of in vivo NMR spectroscopy. The book has also a practical setup, allowing readers to incorporate the presented concepts into their own MR research. An extensive treatment of radiofrequency pulses is given, together with several tables and recipes for their generation. A practical approach is followed in describing spatial localization and the pros and cons of all known water-suppression techniques. In addition, 2-D NMR, magnetic resonance imaging, spectroscopic imaging, spectral editing and many basic principles are explained and illustrated using practical examples. Several tables containing basic biophysical information, such as resonance frequencies, diffusion coefficients, relaxation constants, and absolute concentrations are also presented. The educational and practical character of this book makes it ideal for use in training courses at large research institutes and academic hospitals. In general, all those involved in fundamental and/or diagnostic in vivo NMR will find this book useful. This can range from people working in dedicated in vivo NMR institutes to radiologists working in hospitals. Also, those who want to broaden their knowledge on the concepts of NMR, such as researchers in high-resolution NMR, neurology, physiology, chemistry, and medical biology will benefit greatly from this book. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Radiologic & Ultrasound Technology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Radiology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Computer Technology > Imaging Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Statics
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Radiologic & Ultrasound Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Radiology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Spectroscopy > Nuclear
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Statics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Internal Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Radiology & Nuclear Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences