- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Voyages to Windward: Sailing Adventures on Vancouver Island's West Coast Paperback – Aug 1 2015
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Voyages to Windward is elegant enough to be a 'coffee table book,' but unlike many tomes in that genre, it almost certainly won't spend any significant amount of time lying around unopened - until it has been read again, and again, and again."
- Nor'westing (Praise from Nor'westing)
"Voyages to Windward, beautifully illustrated with Elsie's photographs, details the seven major cruising grounds, Indian villages, bays, coves, islands, scenery, wildlife, artists and much more from Barkley Sound north to Checleset Bay at the southeast side of Brooks Peninsula."
- Jo Bailey and Carl Nyberg, 48 Degrees North (Praise from 48 Degrees North)
"If Voyages to Windward doesn't inspire you to hoist your sails and weigh your anchor for a coastal exploration of very own, then salt water doesn't run in your veins."
--Joseph Kula, CanWest News Service
About the Author
An Environmental professional with a degree in oceanography, Elsie Hulsizer lives in Seattle with her husband Steve. She has a certificate in fine art photography from the Photographic Center Northwest and has exhibited her art in various galleries including Seattle's Odyssey Maritime Discovery Center. Since 1980 the Hulsizers have cruised northwest waters extensively including over 20 trips to the West Coast of Vancouver Island, two trips to Haida Gwaii and four trips to Southeast Alaska.
Between sailing adventures on Osprey, she serves on the Washington State Board of Pilotage Commissioners which licenses the pilots who guide ships on Puget Sound, and on the Board of Trustees for Seattle's Center for Wooden Boats.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Saw her speak at the 2010 Seattle Boat Show, she is an inspiration!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Regional Canada > Maritime Provinces
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Regional Canada > Prairie Provinces
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Boating
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Sailing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Boating
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Sailing
- Books > Travel > Canada > Cities > Vancouver
- Books > Travel > Canada > Provinces > Alberta
- Books > Travel > Canada > Provinces > British Columbia