The Way of St James Vol 1 (France): Le Puy to the Pyrenees Paperback – Aug 1 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Alison Raju is a former language teacher and author of three other Cicerone guides to pilgrim routes: 'Way of St James: Pyrenees - Santiago', 'Via de la Plata' and 'The Pilgrim Road to Nidaros: Oslo - Trondheim'.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
To squeeze in the max amount of information and still save weight, the author uses some abbreviations which take some getting used to, similar to text messaging. KSO continue straight on, L left, R right, etc. There are 22 small maps just showing routes and towns. It has several useful appendices including a glossary of French hiking terms.
This book should be used in combination with the French language topo guides for the GR65 and the current annually updated French language accomodation guide to the GR65 - Miam Miam Dodo. Both of these can be used without knowledge of French.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Walking
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Walking
- Books > Travel > Europe > France
- Books > Travel > Europe > Spain
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure > Hiking