- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Web 2.0 and Beyond: Understanding the New Online Business Models, Trends, and Technologies Hardcover – Nov 30 2008
|New from||Used from|
Back to University 2016
Save on College Prep Essentials on Amazon.ca. Shop now
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Funk outlines the latest emerging technologies on the Web, and offers readers the Ten Things You Should Do to Make Your Business More Web 2.0. This highly accessible guide provides the latest information on the most popular activities on the Web; new ways to market, attract customers, and keep your Website vibrant; and ways to protect yourself form the growing menace of cybercrime." - Booklist
"This valuable compendium organizes, evaluates, and places into context online business models, trends, and technologies. It considers where the Web has been and where it is going, with implications of these developments for business. The new generation, Web 2.0, is characterized by a shift to individual users who are now able to customize their Web experience and engage in social communication networks, leading to an integrative experience unimagined in the first, more static iteration of Web-based technologies. Funk, a Web publishing practitioner, traces these complex developments with great clarity, utilizing simple, concise language to frame the discussion. Useful case studies illustrate the potential as the Web evolves in serving customers and creating new business opportunities. The author also traces developments to the Web 3.0 environment. This well-organized and well-written work is essential for anyone interested in the Web and its development, particularly as it relates to the business world. Essential. General readers, all levels of students, faculty, and practitioners." - Choice
"Librarians will find insight in Funk's analyses of the possibilities of 2.0 (and even 3.0). . . . his book should inspire ideas for better representing our resources to our patrons. Lively discussions of what else we can do to market our libraries will be sparked by his many examples of successful business models. . . . heartily recommended to academic librarians." - Catholic Library World
About the Author
Tom Funk has been involved in ecommerce and Web publishing since 1995. In his six years managing the Web sites of the Vermont Teddy Bear Company, Funk saw online revenues triple, and the company's sites were named to Internet Retailer's Best of the Web Top 50. Funk is currently VP of Client Services for Timberline Interactive, a Web development and online marketing consultancy.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Tom Funk jumps from topic to topic with the speed of a run-away broad-band connection yet seems to pull from each topic all that you would need to know to talk knowledgeably with your marketing director at work. He shows you case studies of how each area can and is utilized in real-world situations which is nice seeing as most of this stuff sounds like science fiction to the uninitiated.
Just looking at the Index will tell you that there is something different about this book. Starbucks is right next to Strategy Analytics and MMORPGs is next to Mobile Advertising. Huh? But that's not as important as knowing that you will learn how all these come together to get you up to speed in this ever changing world of Web 2.0.
Clear, concise and timely. Anyone who runs a website or has an online marketing role should buy this book.
Great work, Tom!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Retailing
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > PCs
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web 2.0
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Marketing
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems