- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Web-Based Introduction to Programming: Essential Algorithms, Syntax, and Control Structures Using PHP and XHTML Paperback – Jan 31 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Web-Based Introduction to Programming: Essential Algorithms, Syntax, and Control Structures Using PHP and XHTML
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book is formatted much like a text book, so if you're looking for colorful pictures and bold asides with fun tips and things like that, you will be disappointed. It instead has lots of complete, easy to follow code, preceded by algorithms, requirements, and lots of information to make it easy to follow. There are easy review questions at the end of the chapter, and then great practice exercises that increase in difficulty. Plus there are power point and Flash tutorials to go with it online, and a CD ( I haven't cracked that open yet so I can't comment on it) . It has good indexes and appendices, and a detailed table of contents. I have the third edition, which has OOP Included. This is probably the best resource I've seen to describe OOP simply and repetitively, although I'd be interested in seeing this chapter expanded in future versions - since encountering this type of code in the wild can be pretty intimidating for new programmers.
My introductory to programming courses in Pascal way back when . I can honestly say that I would have found this path much more interesting at the time. Also far more real world useful. And it's definitely something where my friend can sit and read and learn on his own, without out a lot of my assistance. The only downside is that the book is actually priced like a textbook :( . It's worth the price, but nobody wants to spend that much on a book.
Thanks MIKE O'KANE!
I have already learned so much and I just started the fifth chapter. This is absolutely a must have in your collection.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > PHP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > XHTML
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Algorithms
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages