When My Worries Get Too Big: A Relaxation Book for Children Who Live with Anxiety Paperback – May 1 2006
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Because my son was diagnosed as ASD 4 years ago, we've been lucky to have had access to services and education in this area, so the 5 point scale used in the book was not new to us or my son. As I read the book, my son kept interrupting by saying things like, "Oh that's silly. Why would he be worried about that." He continued to feign interest in the book and made it clear that he felt the boy in the book needed to "just calm down". To be honest I didn't know whether to be happy that he had made such progress that he could tell me the imagined fears were silly, or disappointed that he wasn't more engaged.
Well, the very next day my son could not find his shoes before school. As time ticked by, his anxiety grew and grew. Then suddenly he burst out, "I CAN'T TAKE IT! I'M WAY ABOVE A 5! WAY ABOVE!" A 5, as explained in the book, is the highest level of anxiety. I couldn't help but smile as I helped him calm down and find his shoes.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Anxiety Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Autism & Asperger's Syndrome
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Special Needs Children
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Emotions & Feelings
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Special Needs