- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
White Man's Law: Native People in Nineteenth-Century Canadian Jurisprudence Hardcover – Dec 26 1998
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Harring has given us a most penetrating and comprehensive account of the treatment of Indians in nineteenth-century Canadian courts. He illuminates brilliantly how the judges' application of the rule of law, an essential element in the 'liberal treatment' of Indians, can serve as a blunt instrument for the dispossession and subjugation of Aboriginal peoples'(Peter H. Russell, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Political Science, University of Toronto)
About the Author
Sidney L. Harring is Professor of Law at CUNY Law School, Queen's College, City University of New York. He is the author of Crow Dog's Case: American Indian Soverignty, Tribal Law, and United States Law in the Nineteenth Century (Cambridge University Press, 1994).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > First Nations
- Books > History > Americas > Native American
- Books > History > Canada > First Nations
- Books > Law > Academic Materials > Civil Procedure
- Books > Law > Administrative Law
- Books > Law > Constitutional Law > Civil Rights
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Law > Perspectives on Law > Jurisprudence
- Books > Law > Perspectives on Law > Legal History
- Books > Law > Perspectives on Law > Legal Systems
- Books > Law > Procedures & Litigation > Civil Procedure
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Institutions
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Native American Studies